Sync not loading music

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I've had this problem since I got the truck. It's an intermittent problem. Plugging in my android phone will not load most of the songs on it, or will only load bands that start with "A" through "E". I've tried two different music apps (though not google music as I de-googled years ago) and get the same effect. I end up unplugging and replugging my phone in while I'm driving trying to get a band I want loaded and it's become a real PITA.

Anyone else experience this? Can I just load music on the USB and plug it in?
Sponsored

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I've had this problem since I got the truck. It's an intermittent problem. Plugging in my android phone will not load most of the songs on it, or will only load bands that start with "A" through "E". I've tried two different music apps (though not google music as I de-googled years ago) and get the same effect. I end up unplugging and replugging my phone in while I'm driving trying to get a band I want loaded and it's become a real PITA.

Anyone else experience this? Can I just load music on the USB and plug it in?
I initially used a USB stick with all my music on it and then something happened where the truck quit recognizing it. I then started just using my iPhone since it has all the same music.

I seem to remember having an issue with it "seeing" everything on my iPhone so I would randomly select the missing song on the phone and pressing play.

I still have random issues with the phone playing through the sound system but I just keep poking buttons and turning dials until it works.

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I initially used a USB stick with all my music on it and then something happened where the truck quit recognizing it. I then started just using my iPhone since it has all the same music.

I seem to remember having an issue with it "seeing" everything on my iPhone so I would randomly select the missing song on the phone and pressing play.

I still have random issues with the phone playing through the sound system but I just keep poking buttons and turning dials until it works.
Ok I'll try loading it on a USB. Hopefully that works it would make things a lot simpler.

My phone isn't really setup with a good car mode right now and the display is too small to mess with while driving. Can't count how many times I plug in and go only to be screwing around with it before I get out of my neighborhood.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Can't count how many times I plug in and go only to be screwing around with it before I get out of my neighborhood.
Ha! I do most of my fiddling in the driveway and have even had instances where I pulled off the road to sort things out.

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha! I do most of my fiddling in the driveway and have even had instances where I pulled off the road to sort things out.
Yep same here. Twisty country roads with no runoff and here I am trying to resync to get a song to play.
Sponsored