Useful 3D printed items..

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Is there any reason to bother with PLA if I plan to print everything in PLA+? It seems a no-brainer to use the better PLA+ unless PLA is better for training/practice. ESun seems to be the go to brand.
Sponsored

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Is there any reason to bother with PLA if I plan to print everything in PLA+? It seems a no-brainer to use the better PLA+ unless PLA is better for training/practice. ESun seems to be the go to brand.
I don't think you will see any difference while printing either, but PLA+ will be the better choice for longevity and strength of parts. If you are just learning about 3D printing, just start with the material you will use most. ESUN is good stuff.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
$350 for the K1 is a steel, since normal price is $500.
$350 for a K1 is a bargain, even if converted to Aussie dollars, K1's normally sit around $800 from a storefront over here, a bit less on line.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
I started originally printing just PLA but when PLA+ became more readily available, I switched and have never looked back. It's better in almost every way with the possible exception that it really is stronger and tougher, and removing support material can sometimes be a bit of a trial! Yes E-SUN is a good brand.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
This I like, I wonder if it would fit my diesel?
Re the Ecoboost funnel does it fit my diesel model?
It does, I printed just the threaded bit to check first. Looks like Ford use the same oil filler cap on many, many different models. Currently now printing the whole funnel. Will use up some of my crappy old brittle PLA that I wont risk running through my bowden tube printer.
Sponsored