Urgent Hill Start Assist Not Available

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
From a stop with the brake pedal depressed, move the shift lever to "S" (Sport mode). The transmission needs to be in S with the brake pedal depressed to trigger the hill assist, it won't activate in Drive. When you release the brake pedal, the truck will stay put until you press the accelerator. Nice for trailer towing or icy starts on hills. Once moving, you can shift back into Drive or leave it in Sport.
I'll try that. Thanks.
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Ok, I did not want to tie up Juan’s thread, but this is pertinent. My problem was resolved for one day.:( The dealership where my son works could not re-check it for a week or two, so my husband took it to a dealership in a neighboring town. They did a diagnostic check that showed my hydraulic control unit needs replacing. Not cheap. This happened at 36,488 miles. Anyone on the fence regarding extended warranty…..The money I will spend on this would have paid for it and then some. The part has been ordered and hopefully can be installed at the beginning of next week.:)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ok, I did not want to tie up Juan’s thread, but this is pertinent. My problem was resolved for one day.:( The dealership where my son works could not re-check it for a week or two, so my husband took it to a dealership in a neighboring town. They did a diagnostic check that showed my hydraulic control unit needs replacing. Not cheap. This happened at 36,488 miles. Anyone on the fence regarding extended warranty…..The money I will spend on this would have paid for it and then some. The part has been ordered and hopefully can be installed at the beginning of next week.:)
Sorry to hear it went out just after the warranty was up. That would be my dumb luck and I'm now rethinking of extending mine next year. I never keep a vehicle longer than 3 years but I really love my Ranger and there's nothing out there I'd want to replace it with right now. Even once the 6G is out I would wait at least a year or two seeing as it's a complete refresh. Hopefully this is the only problem and you'll be trouble free from here out. :D

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Sorry to hear it went out just after the warranty was up. That would be my dumb luck and I'm now rethinking of extending mine next year. I never keep a vehicle longer than 3 years but I really love my Ranger and there's nothing out there I'd want to replace it with right now. Even once the 6G is out I would wait at least a year or two seeing as it's a complete refresh. Hopefully this is the only problem and you'll be trouble free from here out. :D
Hopefully. We thought long and hard about it, but since there were no problems for 2 1/2 yrs., we thought it would be fine. I almost bought one. Lesson learned (I always learn everything the hard way:facepalm::crackup:). Husband already wants to trade it, but I say no way! Love my Ranger! It’s not he Ranger’s fault we were warranty negligent:rolleyes:.
Sponsored