First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Steelworkers
While I was emptying my catch can I notice that all the baffles were lose and the rubber o ring expanded. While the can is of great construction, it seems the o rings are not made of the proper material. Has anyone else experienced these issues? Not bashing upr it's a great can just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
While I was emptying my catch can I notice that all the baffles were lose and the rubber o ring expanded. While the can is of great construction, it seems the o rings are not made of the proper material. Has anyone else experienced these issues? Not bashing upr it's a great can just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
Not surprised really. You want to use a Buna N Oring. To size it properly is two things. The diameter of the cord and diameter of the ring. Measure the cylinder where it fits. Subtract 10% from that diameter. You want the Oring to stretch slightly when you put it on. Online suppliers is plentiful. McMasterCarr comes to mind. Might have to buy a pack of 10. Probably never use them all being the proper material.

OP
OP
Gixxers

Gixxers

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Steelworkers
Not surprised really. You want to use a Buna N Oring. To size it properly is two things. The diameter of the cord and diameter of the ring. Measure the cylinder where it fits. Subtract 10% from that diameter. You want the Oring to stretch slightly when you put it on. Online suppliers is plentiful. McMasterCarr comes to mind. Might have to buy a pack of 10. Probably never use them all being the proper material.
Thanks!

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I found that the drain option with the extension and valve at the end has made draining convenient and quick since I don't have to wrestle with disassembly of the catch can. Not sure what interval it would be necessary to deep clean it.

2000rpm

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2019 Ford Flex
I've noticed the same thing. O-ring has expanded leaving the baffles loose. When it gets warmer, I'll have to measure it for a better o-ring.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I've noticed the same thing. O-ring has expanded leaving the baffles loose. When it gets warmer, I'll have to measure it for a better o-ring.
Replace with Buna N material. When you size it measure diameter and then subtract 10%. You want them to stretch when used.
Sponsored