Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Is the safe only for the crew cab or will it also fit the supercab?
Not sure, if someone can attest to that, is there a cubby hole under the rear seat area?
Sponsored

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
Not sure, if someone can attest to that, is there a cubby hole under the rear seat area?

Yes there are two storage areas below the seats in the Super Cab. The one on the left has the jack, jack handle and funnel in it. I would rather have a vault under the back passenger seat versus in the center console.

Here are photos of the storage bin on the passenger side.

IMG_3409.JPG
IMG_9759.JPG

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Yes there are two storage areas below the seats in the Super Cab. The one on the left has the jack, jack handle and funnel in it. I would rather have a vault under the back passenger seat versus in the center console.

Here are photos of the storage bin on the passenger side.

IMG_3409.JPG
IMG_9759.JPG
That one open cubby appears to be the same size and shape as the one in the rear pass side compartment in my Screw

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
That one open cubby appears to be the same size and shape as the one in the rear pass side compartment in my Screw

I will have took some measurements to compare with and without the plastic bin in place. I did see another thread that the back seat safe would not fit a scab. It would be nice if it will fit.

Update:

I measured the inside dimensions and it is 18" long, 8" wide at widest point and 6" at the narrowest. The curve in the back of the bin follows the metal underneath very closely.

Last edited:

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
Alright got my vault installed today. Super easy to install. Here are some pics. Easily fit 5 pistols including 2 with optics, full duty belt dump and about 1/4 of an AR.

20200110_093915.jpg

20200110_093530.jpg

20200110_093342.jpg

20200110_093817.jpg

20200110_093314.jpg
thanks for the pictures, but more importantly THANK YOU for your service!!

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
There is a nice useful cubby hole that is plenty big enough for a safe in the SuperCab, but the dimensions are not the same as the CrewCab, and the safe will not fit. I just sent one back after both Ford and Console Safe assured me the Ranger safe would fit. I called them both to validate before placing the order.

Different bolt patterns and different hole configuration. The Safe has two mounting points on the front and one on the side. Just the opposite of the SuperCab mounting points.

I politely asked them to consider making one for us SuperCab owners.

Somehow I don't think they are going to do it. I just don't think that there is enough volume to support the investment cost. ROI is important. They offered to send the the console version but it is too tall and thin, and I'd loose my tray. It is also a bit too obvious of a location. I did like the locking mechanism. Small and effective.

I sent them this picture to show them the differences.

- T

Console Vault - 2020 Ranger SuperCab .JPG

chico1911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger (soon)
Occupation
Operations Manager & Firearms Instructor
How much smaller (or bigger) is the safe compared to the stock bin?
I haven’t removed the plastic tray, so not sure if there is “extra” space allowing the safe to be a little bigger. Hope that makes sense!?
Thank you!

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
How much smaller (or bigger) is the safe compared to the stock bin?
I haven’t removed the plastic tray, so not sure if there is “extra” space allowing the safe to be a little bigger. Hope that makes sense!?
Thank you!
i did not measure, however the opening is smaller due to the lid, the sides appeared to be close to the same thickness of the plastic drop in oem tray

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Console Vault does not make one currently for the Super Cab Ranger. They thought that the one shown would work but it doesn't . I did give them the schematics and photos of mine so maybe they will make one for the Super Cab Ranger. I had ordered one and it didn't fit due to the rear seat bottom latch in the way. There was no way to get it to work. Just an FYI.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I ordered theirs for my Scab and it didn't fit. I did ask them also to see if they could make one for our Ranger Super Cab and didn't get much of a response. :crying:

Dustoff262

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, black package
Its nice to have if you go to the beach and want to keep valuables locked away for a few hours. I would prefer a magnetic lock behind the rear seat for a long gun, but there is hardly any space for that. I would not recommend leaving firearms in a civilian vehicle unattended for very long. Its a nice safe but the way they created the use of space under and behind the rear bench really is a let down for 2020 design perspective.

Dustoff262

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, black package
Imagine this on a Ranger. I love the idea of storage that is not very obvious.
Sponsored