Console safe

Hubcap91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Has anyone installed the locking door for the center console? I carry a gun daily but I'm not allowed to carry at work. I was looking at the center console "safe" but noticed that it is just a locking door for the compartment. Is it worth the $300?
Sponsored

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone installed the locking door for the center console? I carry a gun daily but I'm not allowed to carry at work. I was looking at the center console "safe" but noticed that it is just a locking door for the compartment. Is it worth the $300?
It is a little more than just a locking door. Granted it isn't a true safe in the strictest sense of the word but I seriously doubt anyone but the most determined thief would radially defeat it. Auto intrusions are "Smash and Grab" events and this should fully thwart such an event.
But if price is a consideration, a lock box type safe with a strong cable attachment might be what you're looking for...

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Fixed operation Director Tuttle Click Automotive
Vehicle Showcase
It is a little more than just a locking door. Granted it isn't a true safe in the strictest sense of the word but I seriously doubt anyone but the most determined thief would radially defeat it. Auto intrusions are "Smash and Grab" events and this should fully thwart such an event.
But if price is a consideration, a lock box type safe with a strong cable attachment might be what you're looking for...
I have installed probably 10 of these. I can tell you if installed correctly, you will have to tear the complete console apart to get this lid off, they are badass. Worth every penny, especially if you carry a weapon that you need to lock up on occasion.

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase
I have installed probably 10 of these. I can tell you if installed correctly, you will have to tear the complete console apart to get this lid off, they are badass. Worth every penny, especially if you carry a weapon that you need to lock up on occasion.
Could you describe the install process? I'm curious how much drilling/cutting, etc. is involved.

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Fixed operation Director Tuttle Click Automotive
Vehicle Showcase
Could you describe the install process? I'm curious how much drilling/cutting, etc. is involved.
Zero cutting, no drilling. 10 min install. It is super easy, and you are no way tearing the lid off.

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase
Zero cutting, no drilling. 10 min install. It is super easy, and you are no way tearing the lid off.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I ordered one this morning from Fairway Ford in Ohio for $272.89 shipped.

They're also making one for the back, underseat storage area on the passenger side.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I ordered one this morning from Fairway Ford in Ohio for $272.89 shipped.

They're also making one for the back, underseat storage area on the passenger side.
What did you end up buying?

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Installed it today and it seems solid. Instructions weren't great but it was easy to install.
Just wondering if you put your key in can you lock your truck?

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Just wondering if you put your key in can you lock your truck?
Try it! :D
Actually you have a spare key don't you? Just make sure it is far enough away from your truck as not to interfere with the experiment ...

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Try it! :D
Actually you have a spare key don't you? Just make sure it is far enough away from your truck as not to interfere with the experiment ...
Sorry I thought it was obvious not to try without a second key

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to buy one with my truck and then the same maker came up with a rear safe that fills the rear passenger side cu by hole under the seat so my salesman ordered it for me at the dealer cost (seeing how much money I've spent there over the years). As soon as it comes in I will post some before and after pictures