BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
20200313_184909.jpg

I installed the Console Vault in my truck today 20 minutes, two swear words and viola' a place to temp store my sidearm when I have to.
Highly recommend for those who carry ??
Sponsored

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
I installed their under the backseat version this past weekend. I too had a couple of swear words! The plastic filling in the cubby hole came out easily. I was pissed they didn't include at least one spare nut, since you have to contort your hand to get them on and when I dropped one it was a pain to recover it. Had to remove the other nut, pull the unit out and of course it doesn't just drop straight down, it slides up under the carpet. Also they aren't magnetic, so couldn't just use a long magnet. I had to lift the carpet up even more to get my hand in, but that caused it to slide further away, now I'm in up to my elbow chasing the nut. If it wasn't for the stay at home order I would have just gone to the hardware store and bought one. Once I got the nut back, I was more careful and it went in easily. It looks good and gives me more piece of mind if I have to leave my firearm in the truck while running in to somewhere that doesn't allow them. It will deter the usual smash and grabs crooks.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
20200313_184909.jpg

I installed the Console Vault in my truck today 20 minutes, two swear words and viola' a place to temp store my sidearm when I have to.
Highly recommend for those who carry ??
I like the concept but also love my lil tray on top for change and small items. Hence, didn't get one.
Too bad they didn't leave clearance for a lil removable tray on top. Unless it will hold one. Any thoughts?

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I installed their under the backseat version this past weekend. I too had a couple of swear words! The plastic filling in the cubby hole came out easily. I was pissed they didn't include at least one spare nut, since you have to contort your hand to get them on and when I dropped one it was a pain to recover it. Had to remove the other nut, pull the unit out and of course it doesn't just drop straight down, it slides up under the carpet. Also they aren't magnetic, so couldn't just use a long magnet. I had to lift the carpet up even more to get my hand in, but that caused it to slide further away, now I'm in up to my elbow chasing the nut. If it wasn't for the stay at home order I would have just gone to the hardware store and bought one. Once I got the nut back, I was more careful and it went in easily. It looks good and gives me more piece of mind if I have to leave my firearm in the truck while running in to somewhere that doesn't allow them. It will deter the usual smash and grabs crooks.
Ohhhh, more than a few curse words. Bloody hands, etc. I dropped that damn thing at least 8 times.
First note:
- Put tape or stuff with something over that damn hole on top near door. Damn thing fell in there a couple times, gawd knows how as I tried being careful.
- Dropped it several times into bin, argh.
- Then dropped it through big hole in bin near back seat. Had to remove safe several times!!!! Argh!
I came close to tossing whole safe across yard! Yeesh!

--- Old school tip: Use something long like screw driver or bendable magnet and wrap it with duct tape sticky side out. If you can see or almost see item, it will grab it. Sloooooowly raise up.
--- HOWEVER! I dropped nut again and it was no where to be found.
--- Final outcome: Screw it till I can find a replacement. It's in there strong enough where it won't go any where.

Last edited:

pmcc

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I like the concept but also love my lil tray on top for change and small items. Hence, didn't get one.
Too bad they didn't leave clearance for a lil removable tray on top. Unless it will hold one. Any thoughts?
It will still fit. Installed mine last month and the little tray still fits on top just fine - just like it did before. This safe is fantastic - have both versions installed now.
Oh, and no swear words with either installation. I'm not the best at installing stuff like this, but all went smooth for me. But I didn't drop anything - also unusual for me!

Twisted

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
RN
I have had the center console one for my Tundra and it was connected to the floor of the truck. Now that I have a ranger I am debating which one to get. I like the center for the ease of access so I don't have to go to the back seat. But I like the idea of the back seat to keep the center open. I do wish they had a back seat driver side option.

Also for those that carry has anyone mounted a holster? I have one but haven't mounted to the ranger yet.
Sponsored