Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine, seems that these don't fire up even when you are at 5500 RPM or above, perhaps I got a 'DUD' with mine... I have rev'd the engine past the point of being comfortable, still have not 'hissed' once. Contacting so I can get one that works,.... that will be nice.
Did you buy the dual port version or the plumb back version?
Sponsored

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely sounds like you got a defective unit then. I got the GFB DV+VTA and you can definitely hear it well before 5K RPM

Smithaaronb1

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Occupation
Military
Turbo smart BOV installed on my 2020 Ranger. This install took about 5 mins to install and sounds pretty good. I’m used to manual cars/trucks so auto with a bov sounds a little funny. Still a great product!!

AF18BA92-9C35-4CE7-AD87-D29ECE133889.jpeg

65EA6C3A-79C1-4218-8F10-BE51A73B9555.jpeg

Smithaaronb1

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Occupation
Military
I have 3 video clips because turbksmart gave me $50 off to post a video. I can’t figure out how to attach them

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I have 3 video clips because turbksmart gave me $50 off to post a video. I can’t figure out how to attach them
You will need to upload them somewhere that supports video (Youtube, etc) and then link them here. You can't directly upload video here.

Smithaaronb1

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Occupation
Military
All stock...I have turbo back exhaust and upgraded charge pipes coming. I’ll post more videos in their respective thread

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine, seems that these don't fire up even when you are at 5500 RPM or above, perhaps I got a 'DUD' with mine... I have rev'd the engine past the point of being comfortable, still have not 'hissed' once. Contacting so I can get one that works,.... that will be nice.
Wow I just got mine in and installed it and I had the same issue. I had someone rev up to 5500 and let go and the valve doesn't move. I was wondering if it could be defective. It sounds like I had the same issue you did. Now I am waiting for replacement to come, hopefully i will get my replacement one soon. Lol I am in Tampa also, what are the odds?

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
@Smithaaronb1

Do you have a "suction like" wind sound that seems to be coming from the intake when accelerating? I think I hear it in your video, but it's hard to tell.

It only makes that noise with the Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV present and I was curious if you have it too (I think I can hear it from your video but I'm not 100% sure). I have the normal "choo choo" sound when letting off the gas - this I know is normal.

I have a sound clip of mine making the sound at 2:14 onward - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=OVFZSkVrYmFGUXBkeEZoN1dvd2FoRFpKT2d0TUF3.

Aside from the Turbosmart Dual Port, I'm 100% stock.

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Thanks Doc. I had listened to those videos but I cannot tell 100% if Smithaaronb1 has the same sound. I'm holding boost like normal (checked with my http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/) so I don't think I have a leak.

I'm just curious if it is normal or something I should be worried about :).

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Doc. I had listened to those videos but I cannot tell 100% if Smithaaronb1 has the same sound. I'm holding boost like normal (checked with my http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/) so I don't think I have a leak.

I'm just curious if it is normal or something I should be worried about :).
Don’t Know ..
Regards

APG

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 APG Ranger ProRunner
Occupation
Ranger Builder
I just installed my Turbosmart BOV today on Project Quicksilver (bone stock truck otherwise) and I’m hearing the same exact sound as you under acceleration. Sounds almost like somebody is doing a rolling burnout in the distance.

No idea what it could be. Truck drives fine otherwise, but that’s gotta be air escaping from somewhere.

Brianxlt19

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019xlt
I got a bfv about a year ago installed it never work to it off waste of money the company would not offer to look at it i have emailed with know email back.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc