TSB: SSM 47891 - 2019 Ranger - Inoperative Or Clicking Sound From Power Folding Exterior Mirrors

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150
SSM 47891 - 2019 Ranger - Inoperative Or Clicking Sound From Power Folding Exterior Mirrors

Some 2019 Ranger vehicles equipped with power folding mirrors may exhibit power folding mirrors that are inoperative or exhibit a clicking sound. This may be due to the mirrors being manually folded in, during transportation, going through a car wash, bumped in a parking lot or found during pre-delivery inspection (PDI). In order to synchronize the mirrors follow these steps: 1) Fold or retract both mirrors by hand. 2) Using the power folding mirror switch, operate the mirrors until an audible click is heard. 3) Operate the power folding mirrors an additional 3 to 4 times to synchronize the mirrors.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
2019 TRUCK: FG P375N RANGER
Sponsored

jh13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
My Driver side mirror is clicking. Tried this, didn't seem to fix it. Drivers side seems like it over closes or closes slower.

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
My Driver side mirror is clicking. Tried this, didn't seem to fix it. Drivers side seems like it over closes or closes slower.
My driver's side mirror clicked also. Well, it actually sort of went "crunch". I worked it back an forth until I identified a little lip that was catching each time it closed. I took a small piece of fine sandpaper and just dusted the edge of that little lip of plastic and that fixed it.
Sponsored