First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter
Just wanted to share my quick opinion of the Truxedo X15 roll up tonneau cover.

First off, I wanted a roll up. To me, it seemed to offer the most useable space and ease of use. Also, I wanted the canvas material. I am not a fan of the faux leather texture on the other 90% of tonneau covers out there.

Amazon had the lowest price at the time, at $503 plus tax. Ordered it on Thursday night and I had it sitting on my front porch Saturday morning. It arrived in perfect condition. Had some concerns after reading other reviewers complaining about receiving damaged products.

I won't go into too much detail about the install, but this being my first ever tonneau cover install, it was only slightly frustrating. I found it useful to have a squeeze clamp on hand to hold one end, while I installed the clamp on the other end, and vice versa. Nothing super crazy to report on the install, took my good ol time and took me a little over an hour.

The cover fits great. There are some slight ripples which I expect to eventually work themselves out. Overall I love the low profile look and the canvas material especially. Nothing to report on concerning water intrusion, as we haven't had any rain since install, but looking at the massive gaps in the stock tailgate (no fault of the cover), I don't expect the bed to be 100% dry, and I'm fine with that (for now).

Is it worth an extra $200+ for 1) Low profile 2)Canvas material? That's of course subjective, but in my opinion, yes.

Bonus pic of my OEM Ranger bed mat (til I get a spray in liner). Loving it. Just need something to protect the tailgate now.

20210321_122344.jpg

20210323_195949.jpg

20210323_200005.jpg

20210320_190625.jpg
Sponsored

BoilerMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
See username
Looks good. Bed cover will be my only mod.

BoilerMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
See username
...until the next one:giggle:
I had the mod bug with the Jeep. Finally got the wheels and tires I always wanted then traded it in for the Ranger. But you’re right, the Ranger needs more storage which equals more mods.

rozebud

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt fx4 CC- 2002 F250 super D 4x4
Occupation
retired
that is the same cover i plan to get for my ranger. the utube install video shows that in my case i will have to remove my dropin bed liner in order to drill 2 holes at the front of the bedliner to corispond with 2 holes in the front of the truck beds bulkhead. when you installed your cover did you have to bolt the front of the cover to the front bulkhead of the box? i see you have no box liner but i can see the 2 holes in the bulkhead.

OP
OP
DAT84

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter
that is the same cover i plan to get for my ranger. the utube install video shows that in my case i will have to remove my dropin bed liner in order to drill 2 holes at the front of the bedliner to corispond with 2 holes in the front of the truck beds bulkhead. when you installed your cover did you have to bolt the front of the cover to the front bulkhead of the box? i see you have no box liner but i can see the 2 holes in the bulkhead.
No, the two holes at the front of the bulkhead, one round, and one oval, were simply plugged with some putty included with the kit. The only attachments that are made are for the front brackets on the front sides of the bed.

Dalentino

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
I just fitted the same to my truck. A great addition and works and looks exactly as described and shown in the install video. That’s a result ?

rozebud

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt fx4 CC- 2002 F250 super D 4x4
Occupation
retired
thanks for the info guys. the best price I can find up here is $725 CDN. with free 2 day shipping. when you factor in the exchange rate, i think thats about $ 500 or so US dollars. Amazon was the same price in canada but im going to order from a better web parts store that I`ve used before.

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
I love this cover, I debated way too long before actually purchasing. It's very, very, easy to use and also adjust. I did struggle a little but also because it was the first cover I've installed myself. I called Truxedo for help and I must say their customer service is fantastic.

notsolinear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Revisiting an old thread here but I have questions I couldn’t find definitive answers for:

Are there any issues installing on vehicles with factory spray-in bedliner? Saw some mentions of chasing threaded holes with a tap, but no install instructions or video I’ve seen show anything but clamps. Did they change the design to remove the bolts?

Separately, Is there any issue with the clamps fitting when spray in liner is present?
Sponsored