Lund Genesis Elite Roll Up Tonneau Cover - Thoughts?

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
I have this on my truck. Bought solely for the canvas material and look. I love it. It doesn't get any dirtier than the rest of the truck and always comes out looking like new after a car wash.

Instructions weren't the best, but the only real trouble I had was figuring out how to position to seal properly. They include 6 clamps but only 4 are needed (there's not really anywhere to install the other 2 even if you wanted to). The rear corners don't look as nice as some of the other types of covers where I guess the material can stretch, but I don't mind it.

Here are some pics of it installed. I don't think I have any of it rolled up or anything, though.

1621439904904.png

1621440019069.png

1621439994225.png

1621440130430.png

Worked well throughout the winter:

1621440086686.png

OP
OP
DAT84

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter
Nice! I was on the fence between Lund and the Truxedo X15 Pro in the same canvas type material. Ended up with the Truxedo since I couldn't find a ton of info on the Lund. Very similar appearance though. Love the canvas look.

JLS1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I have this on my truck. Bought solely for the canvas material and look. I love it. It doesn't get any dirtier than the rest of the truck and always comes out looking like new after a car wash.

Instructions weren't the best, but the only real trouble I had was figuring out how to position to seal properly. They include 6 clamps but only 4 are needed (there's not really anywhere to install the other 2 even if you wanted to). The rear corners don't look as nice as some of the other types of covers where I guess the material can stretch, but I don't mind it.

Here are some pics of it installed. I don't think I have any of it rolled up or anything, though.

1621439904904.png

1621440019069.png

1621439994225.png

1621440130430.png

Worked well throughout the winter:

1621440086686.png
How do you get yours that tight?

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
How do you get yours that tight?
It just kinda came out that way, but there are adjustment thumb-screws at the end of the side rails near the cab,. You can tighten the screws to move the top a little bit closer to the cab so that it's tighter when stretched out and closed at the other end.

I seem to recall that the top attaches to the side rails using bolts with large plastic washers - in order for the adjustment screws to work, the bolts have to be loose enough for there to be some play. They're not meant to be tight.

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
I have it installed on my 2019 Supercab. Looks great and never noticed any leaks. If you have a bedliner, you will need to remove to install. Also, when closing the tailgate you need to release and reclose for the seal to sit properly (which can become a bit irritating). Would I buy it again? Yes I would. The canvas cover looks sharp and functions well.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
I have it installed on my 2019 Supercab. Looks great and never noticed any leaks. If you have a bedliner, you will need to remove to install. Also, when closing the tailgate you need to release and reclose for the seal to sit properly (which can become a bit irritating). Would I buy it again? Yes I would. The canvas cover looks sharp and functions well.
Regarding the bold part - I thought that's how they all worked? This is my first truck and tonneau and yea it's a bit annoying that the cover has to be popped up before closing the tailgate. Just figured that was normal, though.

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Regarding the bold part - I thought that's how they all worked? This is my first truck and tonneau and yea it's a bit annoying that the cover has to be popped up before closing the tailgate. Just figured that was normal, though.
Had Lund cover on my 2013 F150 and the tailgate closed without having to lift up the tonneau.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
So I was looking at another tonneau cover manual for a buddy and I noticed that his cover has the same closing mechanism as ours, but his manual says it can be closed either way (tonneau first, or tailgate first).

So based on that I decided to use my Lund either way as well. It works fine if you close the tonneau first and shut the tailgate after. The key thing that prevented me from doing so before now is that the rubber seal will kinda bunch up where it meets the rails on each side, which seems wrong, but it turns out you just have to get it to close nicely once. After it's been closed a while that first time, it the rubber no longer gets hung up, and it just works.

No more popping the tonneau every time I want to open and close the tailgate :D
Sponsored