Tremor Passenger Shaking (Seat Counterweight?)

iNickSanders

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
In my 2021 Tremor, the passenger seat excessively shakes when hitting mild bumps. A quick google search turned up another forum’s discussion about this same issue in their Tremor Ranger. The thread did not have much information pertaining specifically to the Ranger, but somebody sent a link to an F-150 having the same issue and how to fix it. All of the electrical in my 2021 Tremor is very sloppy, and they did wiring under the seat in such I way that I cannot follow the videos guide to inspection my passenger seat counterweight/vibration damper. I actually took the truck back to the dealership a while back to have this looked at and they just drove my truck down the road trying to replicate it and couldn’t so they sent me on my way without a solution. I am wondering if anybody else has dealt with this issue and how you maybe have resolved it. It’s very annoying. Will post the link to the video below.
Sponsored

OP
OP
iNickSanders

iNickSanders

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
There is a TSB - for this issue
I am wondering if this maintenance procedure would sold my problem. I read through it, and it seems like this is more of an issue for rattle when turning which does not describe my issue.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion , is this as is from factory 😳😛🤪😜
I just drove mine back 1300+ miles from Spokane and Annie never mentioned anything about it.

🤔 come to think it she might have liked it and would never tell me about it.:confused::oops:

gkostolny

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2022 Ducati DesertX
I have noticed occasionally when driving on my own the passenger seat in my Tremor shaking like crazy. I assumed that my tires were out of balance or something but I guess maybe I have a failed counterweight? Very interesting!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

TuggerNutz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes
I have noticed occasionally when driving on my own the passenger seat in my Tremor shaking like crazy. I assumed that my tires were out of balance or something but I guess maybe I have a failed counterweight? Very interesting!
Just drive your truck from your passenger seat. Problem solved 😉.

OP
OP
iNickSanders

iNickSanders

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Actually the seat seems to be bolted down completely fine. The seat back seems to be what vibrates the most. It actually makes my fiancé car sick. For the last 2 years I just thought it was my driving lol.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Is that part of the extra tremor only content?😁
Notice how it's only on the passengers side? 🤔 It's defiantly designed and an added option for women. Like they say "happy wife, happy life!😆

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Notice how it's only on the passengers side? 🤔 It's defiantly designed and an added option for women. Like they say "happy wife, happy life!😆
We all know that's where you ride😁