Cleaning Tremor Seats

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
How are you cleaning your seats, and what chemicals are you using?

I want to ensure that I don't damage the leather cleaning the suede, or hurt suede when I condition the leather.
Sponsored

erty176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Designer

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I own a 21 Ranger Lariat with Tremor... THERE IS NO LEATHER (COW HIDE) IN THESE SEATS. THEY ARE A CHEAP VINYL. I agree, when I purchased the truck, all my research pointed to LEATHER. It is actually ALL synthetic!
As is the "leather" in virtually all production vehicles.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
When they use the word "leather" there has to be leather or Ford would have their butts in a sling for false advertising. What Ford does is qualify it by saying "leather trimmed". That gives them the out to use as much or little leather as they want but some has to be leather. Typically the leather is limited to what your body touches.

The leather Ford uses is coated to make clean up easier and to protect it from stains. The look and feel of the materials on my Lariat Tremor are much nicer than the "leather" materials on the seats of my two Mustang premiums.

FWIW, about 25 years ago I purchased a leather chair for my living room. I was reading the care instructions for it and it mentioned that the chair was covered with "Bonded Leather". I did a little digging and found that Bonded Leather is made by grinding up leather scraps and mixing it with a binder. This slurry is then spread out onto a fabric backing and run between rollers to emboss a grain onto the surface. Not sure if Ford is using a similar process or not. I guess it meets the legal requirements to be called leather but sure isn't what I expect to see when some one says leather.

I still have that chair and it still looks good with no tears, no cracks, no noticeable scratches and no stains. It seen a lot of abuse by my kids and it is the favorite spot for the dogs to sit and look out the window.

I am at the age that I don't really care what they call it as long as it looks good, feels good and is durable.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Really, why not suede shoe cleaners?

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
From what I can discern, they do have leather as an option in the order guide but when you pay extra for the Tremor they replace the Lariat seats with the cheap vinyl "Tremor" version.
Other than the Miko Suede inserts the Tremor seats are identical to the standard Lariat seats. IMHO, the Miko Suede inserts give the interior a more upscale appearance and the inserts certainly feel nice. I would have been very reluctant to have purchased a Tremor if the inserts had been real Suede. Real Suede is easily stained and it wears real fast. If those inserts were real Suede I could see the seats looking like sh&t in a year. There is a reason that Miko and Alcantra Suede are becoming so popular as an upscale material for automotive interiors, they are plain better.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
So, it has been nearly 2 years, has anyone cleaned their tremor seats yet and come up with a process that works well?

AND

Has anyone used any protectants on the miko successfully?

:)

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
So, it has been nearly 2 years, has anyone cleaned their tremor seats yet and come up with a process that works well?

AND

Has anyone used any protectants on the miko successfully?

:)
I clean mine every few months. I use the Sonax alcantara cleaner with a small bristle brush for the Miko. I use Carpro interior cleaner for the rest. A year and 25,000 miles later they look and feel new.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
That's the one
Thanks... And of course due to autogeek buy 95 dollars and get a free gift and free shipping I had to buy a couple new brushes and a new bottle of iron remover...

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks... And of course due to autogeek buy 95 dollars and get a free gift and free shipping I had to buy a couple new brushes and a new bottle of iron remover...
I've been victim of those types can't pass deals many times myself lol
Sponsored