Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe he has seen all the "man-card" jokes about people who need a damper...lol
A real man shifts his own transmission , rolls up his crank windows , uses that said window for AC and uses maps instead of Nav . Automate any one of those and you're a wuss
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
My dogs, St Bernard & Great Pyrenees, don't have a fancy crate like that. However, a ramp is essential. It's not spoiling them, it's taking care of them and your back.

I've had big dogs my whole life and even when they get their own front half up it's difficult. Especially as they age hurting them is a possibility.

I actually went with steps this time. Real happy with them, they're very sturdy, and they fold up pretty small too.

20210508_141311.jpg

Since we're discussing dogs. Here are mine.

20211201_103246_remastered~2.jpg

20211201_103221_remastered~2.jpg
I agree with all your comments. I was a professional trainer, including K-9's...mostly German Shepherds. They would all jump this height in and out. However, it is quite a shock on their structure coming out and as the aged...I lifted them up and out. Now I am the old one and the new pup is still a 50 lb dog. I love him to pieces and need to care for him and me. So he now has a ramp and thinks it's a big game going up and down.

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
I glad your wait is finally over! No mention of the tailgate damper or tinted side marker lights - what posts have you been reading here if you missed those key accessories?!
On that tailgate damper. Is it really needed and where are you ordering it from? I am stepping down from an F150 and did not find this tailgate to be heavy. I did read reports of some tailgates on Rangers falling off. Has that not been corrected with some type of clip? Thanks for all the advice.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
On that tailgate damper. Is it really needed and where are you ordering it from? I am stepping down from an F150 and did not find this tailgate to be heavy. I did read reports of some tailgates on Rangers falling off. Has that not been corrected with some type of clip? Thanks for all the advice.
You need to read up more on here. lol j/k

Is it needed is subjective but it's a nice feature. It's not because the tailgates heavy (it isn't) it's for when your hands are full and you can just grab the handle with 1 finger and let it drop without it crashing down. I use my truck for work so I'm in and out of the bed a lot so for me it comes in handy daily.

Here's where you can get the BEST mod. ?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/dz43206-2019-2020-ford-ranger-deezee-tailgate-assist.html

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I agree with all your comments. I was a professional trainer, including K-9's...mostly German Shepherds. They would all jump this height in and out. However, it is quite a shock on their structure coming out and as the aged...I lifted them up and out. Now I am the old one and the new pup is still a 50 lb dog. I love him to pieces and need to care for him and me. So he now has a ramp and thinks it's a big game going up and down.
A couple of decades ago I had a GSD/Rottweiler mix, he hurt his hip jumping out of the truck bed while we were spectating at PPIHC. It happened about halfway through the day and we had to wait to get him to a vet as the only way for spectators to leave is down the racetrack. First stop was an emergency vet, next stop was a local ranch store for a ramp. I've used something ever since. Glad to hear a retired professional agrees!

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
rear platinum "Ranger" letters.
I have them and they are mirrors. today salt crusted mirrors but still mirrors. just say no to the damper it sucks the life out of you watching it drop down. sweet truck by the way

Azriq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SUPERCREW, 1966 FORD MUSTANG 331 STROKER, 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
A real man shifts his on transmission , rolls up his crank windows , uses that said window for AC and uses maps instead of Nav . Automate any one of those and you're a wuss
LOL....you just described my 66 Pony. It's been 10+ years and I still haven't even installed the stereo.
66pony.JPG

OP
OP
OregonRangerTremor

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
You need to read up more on here. lol j/k

Is it needed is subjective but it's a nice feature. It's not because the tailgates heavy (it isn't) it's for when your hands are full and you can just grab the handle with 1 finger and let it drop without it crashing down. I use my truck for work so I'm in and out of the bed a lot so for me it comes in handy daily.

Here's where you can get the BEST mod. ?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/dz43206-2019-2020-ford-ranger-deezee-tailgate-assist.html
Dang....you are making me spend more money. Convinced...thanks!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Well I took home my new 2021 Ranger Tremor Lariat the day before Thanksgiving. I was not supposed to get it until Saturday the 27th as the Dealer had accessories to install but they are backed up for 3 weeks. Dealer needs to install: BedSlide, side Ranger speed stripes, door sill guards, Hood deflector, front red tow hooks and rear platinum "Ranger" letters.
Since Thursday I have installed: window visors, WolfHaus 12 volt power source, engine cover, AFE cold air intake, WeatherTech tail gate protector, rear red tow hook.
On the way to install: RekGen mud/rock guards, black exhaust tip, Red "Ranger" lettering to grille, Diode Dynamics; ditch lights and 2 6" light bars into front bumper. Leer Canopy on order as well.
I love the Cyber Orange and my dog I must say agrees. The truck appears to be very well built and I believe will be here for many years to come.
The Bronco on order is also a Cyber Orange.....hopefully it will be here this Summer (pushed form 2021, reserved July 16, 2020 the waiting sucks).

RangerHOME.jpg

AxzelTruck1.jpg
Congrats!:clap: Beautiful Ranger

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
those steps! o_O I needs. Where did yall get those?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman