First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Acrysol made by Kent Automotive. It works great. I have been using it for 15yrs. My wife parks under pine trees at work. I remove sap at least 20 times a year from her Durango. Plus it doesn’t hurt the paint. I clean the area with a spray wax afterwards. Not sure if it helps but it makes me feel better lol.
I was doing a search for Acrysol and came across this video. This stuff is pretty impressive and while pricey it looks like it really does the job.

Sponsored

Burnt Money

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I was doing a search for Acrysol and came across this video. This stuff is pretty impressive and while pricey it looks like it really does the job.

I have had the same can for over 10yrs. So that makes the price hurt a little less lol.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
It's that time of year in my neighborhood when sap is falling out of the trees. Does anyone have an idea how to clean tree sap off the truck?
This stuff is spendy but it works better than anything Ive ever used. It will work on the sap and any other splatter that makes its way on your vehicle.

IMG_0350.jpeg

OP
OP

Junior Blue

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightening Blue Ranger Lariat Crew
Hi All

I was the person that started this tree sap question. I want to thank everyone for their suggestions.
There was one person (I don't remember the name) who suggested washing the truck with a good car wash soap. Today Junior got the best wash of his life. I used Meguiar's Gold. Came out great. 90% of the sap came off. Their are a couple of spots I'll hit with the alcohol. Thanks again to all for your two cents.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi All

I was the person that started this tree sap question. I want to thank everyone for their suggestions.
There was one person (I don't remember the name) who suggested washing the truck with a good car wash soap. Today Junior got the best wash of his life. I used Meguiar's Gold. Came out great. 90% of the sap came off. Their are a couple of spots I'll hit with the alcohol. Thanks again to all for your two cents.
Glad to hear Pete. Now get some Graphene on it so next time it won't even be an issue. 😜

Graphene.jpg

OP
OP

Junior Blue

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear Pete. Now get some Graphene on it so next time it won't even be an issue. 😜

Graphene.jpg
Do all auto stores sell the NANO spray coating? I don't have O'Riley's in my area.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Do all auto stores sell the NANO spray coating? I don't have O'Riley's in my area.
I'm not sure which stores carry it Pete. But you can buy it at Amazon. They also have a bundle pack which includes the detailer and a 3 pack of microfiber towels.

https://www.amazon.com/303-Graphene...H4EP8zFC4mQfJqxcCyT6freEDgaAYcl4=.Ypy5vg&th=1

Gold Eagle has a store locator on their website. You can plug in your zip code and it'll tell you who carries it.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-graphene-nano-spray-coating/

OP
OP

Junior Blue

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

DaveT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
retired
As for the isopropyl I don't think you want it full strength. I think you want a 50/50 with distilled water.
You can certainly use 50% alcohol. It will take twice as long.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Use goof-off! Takes off sap, tar and just about anything else like it. Does not hurt the clear coat and doesn’t require a lot of elbow grease. I would wash the spot with soap and water afterwards to remove any residue of cleaner left.
Don' t do it! Goof off contains acetone and will eat plastic (including clear coat). Often confused with Goo Gone, which uses orange oil and is relatively safe.

Roscoe P

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ford RangernXLT
Occupation
Retired
It's that time of year in my neighborhood when sap is falling out of the trees. Does anyone have an idea how to clean tree sap off the truck?
I Spay a little WD 40 on a paper towel (or rag)on it usually comes right off for me . Sometimes I have to do it a couple of times but it always comes off . Good for road tar as well . Won't hurt the paint.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
WD-40, simple and effective, plus it will help hide the 100 grit marks.

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger, 1997 BMW Z3, 2010 VW Tiguan
Whatever you do get it off ASAP. My daughter had a Ford Probe, dark blue, and was at college and got sap on it. Till I got to it when she came home, it had been on a while, in the sun, etc. It came off but the paint underneath was permanently damaged. I tried rubbing compound and other stuff, but the spots were forever there, until I sold it.
For sure. It dried on my 2019 Black. I had finish aftermarket warranty. The dealer tried everything and their final solution was to repaint hood. Looks good, but what a pain.
Sponsored