Trans Flush

Av8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Ranger, Cessna Skywagon
On my 2010 F150, I always got my transmission flushed every 30,000 miles. I assume this will be necessary on the Ranger as well?
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
On my 2010 F150, I always got my transmission flushed every 30,000 miles. I assume this will be necessary on the Ranger as well?
The maintenance schedule shows a trans fluid and filter change at 150,000 miles:

TransService.jpg

The scheduled maintenance on this truck is actually pretty light. Oil changes and air/cabin filters until 100k, then coolant and spark plug changes until 150k.

One thing that has been mentioned before - there don't appear to be fuel filters on this truck. I find that a bit odd. Fuel filter replacement is stated in the maintenance schedule, but they don't appear on the parts site.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
The maintenance schedule shows a trans fluid and filter change at 150,000 miles:

TransService.jpg

The scheduled maintenance on this truck is actually pretty light. Oil changes and air/cabin filters until 100k, then coolant and spark plug changes until 150k.

One thing that has been mentioned before - there don't appear to be fuel filters on this truck. I find that a bit odd. Fuel filter replacement is stated in the maintenance schedule, but they don't appear on the parts site.

The one in the manual is (I assume) the diesel fuel filter used everywhere else. I think it has a normal fuel filter either in the tank, or just out of the tank somewhere, though I've not checked it out.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
The flush game is a scam on any vehicle. The cleaning fluid loosens up sediment but there is no way to completely clean it out and the cleaning fluid is not completely removed either.
Sponsored