Trailer wiring and connector

DOLORES MCCLURE

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2014 Ford Escape Titanium
So on my xlt I don’t have the tow package just the 4 wire plug at the rear, I haven’t looked for the wires but If I do have them
How do I add the 7 plug to the back with the control wires? Do I still need the harness?
Sponsored

DOLORES MCCLURE

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2014 Ford Escape Titanium
I had the draw-tight 76275 hitch installed. I opted for the 22124 wiring harness and they swapped out the kit plug for the 40975 plug. This was suggested on the etrailer web site as follows:

For a trailer wiring harness, the T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness part # 22124 is your best option as it does not require any splicing therefore is almost entirely plug and play. I also recommend adding the 7- and 4-Pole Trailer Connector Socket part # HM40975 which gives you both a 4 and 7-way as well as a mounting bracket though this is not required.

The connector comes with a bracket that is not used because it will mount inside the cutout on bumper. They put some black silicone around the plug to seal and make it look nicer. This plug looks just like the ford plug with both the 7 and 4 pin.

Last edited:

Dalton Bourne

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Occupation
engineer
If you’re searching for the ideal wire harness, this SHORELINE MARINE model might be what you need. I appreciate the color-coded wires that come with frame clips. This ensures that my installation goes as smoothly as possible. Plus, the clips free me from confusion by letting me sort out and tie the wires down. The wire connectors can also be clamped together, which guarantees swift lighting assembly.
Sponsored

Last edited: