First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
It quit raining here in Seattle Georgia long enough on Friday that I was finally able to complete the suspension upgrade of our 26DJSE. Out with the old, in with the new.

Not counting the probably 700ish miles that the trailer was towed from Elkhart, IN to Georgia for delivery, we have pulled it an additional 580 miles. The plastic bushings in the suspension were already starting to wear through. I should have saved a few of them and taken pictures, but they're already in the bin. Replaced with bronze bushings and wet bolts. Took me maybe 3 hours start to finish. Would have been quicker, but I didn't exactly have the right jack setup for the procedure, but I got it done none-the-less.

New tires get mounted before we leave for Charleston in a few weeks for our anniversary trip, and we're so far scheduled to make 2 trips to FL so far this year as well as some weekend trips to the lake.

I did have one bolt that refused to seat properly, I ended up pulling the zerk out of it and using my ball joint press to run it home. I was one of the last ones, I was tired, and ready to be done with it. I'm sure I should have pulled it back out and figured out why, but it didn't take much to press it home, so at worst it scuffed up the splines a little bit, I'm not worried about it.

Original setup:

IMG_20230210_153830928_HDR.jpg

Original Shackles and the upgraded set:

IMG_20230210_154520450_HDR.jpg

Final product:

IMG_20230210_204318250.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
ctechbob

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Results of the upgrade.

Back from a 500-mile round trip last weekend and the results are nothing but positive.

It should be standard for anyone that pulls a tandem axle travel trailer. Night and day difference when you're running on crap roads. You still feel the trailer back there, but it takes the edge off the impacts from the road. Well worth the money and time spent installing it.

Last edited:

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Nice upgrade! You are correct that the plastic bushings just don't last that long.

OP
OP
ctechbob

ctechbob

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/FX2/STX
Occupation
Adult Daycare
Nice upgrade! You are correct that the plastic bushings just don't last that long.

Yea, I wish I'd taken some pics of them. At the time of the upgrade, I think there was something like 1500 miles on the trailer and several of them were already well on their way to being trashed.
Sponsored