Toyota truck quality issues

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
it's about the worst time to be trying to buy a vehicle right now. erratic qc problems, price hikes, ugly-ass design choices. I'm glad I got in at the very beginning of the pandemic when demand tanked, and before it rebounded.

I'll be staying far, far away from pandemic-era vehicles in the future, as well.
Sponsored

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
All this ā€œCovid built horror trucksā€ is overblown. My Nov 2020 built Ranger has been absolutely perfect.
Not really . Glad you got a good one , most of them will be but there is a definite uptick in issues during the covid era and probably will be for some time to come . In this area a lot more people took the early retirement option that was offered last year due to covid and many suppliers are finding that experience is difficult to replace . The ones we do find just don't want to be here . Honda here expected 30% of the ones offered early retirement to accept and they had near 70% not come back . The newest one that left had over 10 years with the company . Engineers , quality control , supervisors and line workers with that much experience make a difference when they leave , especially many at once .

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
im not anti toyota, just anti toycoma, tundra and basically all the cars since im a truck guy.. tried a toycoma and tundra didnt like em. now if i could get my hands on an older land cruiser like the outside the states models with diesel and lockers etc. then sure bring that baby to me. toyota made some tough trucks for years. but that was the past. the same could be said for lots of brands sadly. manufactures are just selling what the masses want these days super comfy lots of tech curb appeal in a rig that last long enough to make the buyer purchase (finance) another in 4 years or less.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
A bigger grill and ugly blocky design would have fixed itā€¦. Oh wait.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Same here on my ā€˜21. Havenā€™t had a single issue to date.

That Toyota is a very early production truck for the new model. Probably not uncommon to have some early assembly line issues. But, quality control should have caught it for sure.
Ditto (knock, Knock) not one issue yet, loving the truck. But I did change out the shocks & coils to Eibach right away, and of course the real reason no problems is the very first mod was the tailgate damper :LOL:, it protects the truck from gremlins!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
The difference between the Bronco and the Toyota is, as soon as someone sees that butt ugly front end they won't notice the other stuff. :)

XRANGER2019

First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SPORT 4X4
Occupation
HYDRAULIC TECH
Another example to avoid these Covid built vehicles .. quality control is non existent from the auto manufactures along with the suppliers just to get product on the lots .. I have never in my life seen so much little issues being passed on to the consumer as I have seen the last few years, numerous cases of broncos being shipped with mismatched seats and options being stripped away from other models due to chip shortage ā€¦ my 19 model ranger wasnā€™t perfect but Iā€™m more than happy to have it instead of newer models
me too i bought mine right at the beginning of the pandemic have zero issues 25,ooo miles.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
how does anyone get past the fugly front end to notice anything else?

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
how does anyone get past the fugly front end to notice anything else?
You mean like the fugly arse end? Depends on where you are standing I guess. Yep Toyota definitely gave that one a solid hiding with the ugly stick. I actually saw one on the street over here the other day. Some company is obviously importing them and doing the RHD conversions. And someone incredibly paid money for it. I think it was an irresponsible act even for a car dealer, to allow him to drive off in it with his Labrador in harness, and white cane.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
60K and NO tailgate damper. Tisk, tisk, tiskā€¦ wanna race? ?
He doesn't need a damper, the tailgate rubbing on those shoddy misaligned panels will slow it down enough.
Sponsored