Toyota has 3 of 6 on most disappointing list which Includes Tacoma, Ford fails to place

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Makes sense.

Toyota has focused on making an appliance. A to B, styled to their liking, and nicely appointed. Nothing they make really screams "this could be fun," with the exception of the GT86 and the Supra. And both of those are basically rebadges of other manufacturers.

I demand some aspect of fun in my vehicles. And I'm not hard to please. I can have fun in my milktruck. I can't see myself ever driving a Toyota, or a Nissan for that matter, unless they change things drastically.

Although, that GR Corrola could sway me if they did it right.
I agree, the GR Carolla did look interesting.
Sponsored

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Finally an HONEST article! So much for the days the Tacoma could hide behind it's popular name. Sure it's still outselling all the other mid size trucks (for now) but they'd better hope they have a really good refresh in the next Gen. especially if Ford can build enough of the new Rangers without all the constraints holding them back.
The Tacoma is very important to Toyota and I agree that they had better get it right. At this time, I'll bet the biggest concern for Toyota (and possibly Ford) are the GM twins. When I saw the new Chevy Colorado at the Phoenix auto show, I have to admit that I was impressed. I don't even like GM's and I still walked away impressed. It looks like GM did their homework this time and raised the bar. Back to Toyota... Typically the Tacoma has sold well and Toyota has been able to sit on questionable design decisions. If the Tacoma starts losing sales though, I think we will see Toyota become a lot more aggressive and much more willing to make design changes before the next redesign.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Im highjacking this thread now I know, but its all related.

The side by side industry saw a gap, most people are not fabricators and cant afford $100k sand rails. Look what happened. In a lot of states you can even street legal them. I dont see why the same thing cant be done with a 4x4. Make a super simple, most state street legal, capable, and affordable off road vehicle. I really think there is a market for it.
like a Kei truck?
1673499990931.png

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
The Tacoma is very important to Toyota and I agree that they had better get it right. At this time, I'll bet the biggest concern for Toyota (and possibly Ford) are the GM twins. When I saw the new Chevy Colorado at the Phoenix auto show, I have to admit that I was impressed. I don't even like GM's and I still walked away impressed. It looks like GM did their homework this time and raised the bar. Back to Toyota... Typically the Tacoma has sold well and Toyota has been able to sit on questionable design decisions. If the Tacoma starts losing sales though, I think we will see Toyota become a lot more aggressive and much more willing to make design changes before the next redesign.
The new canyon looks beastly

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
im sure yall have heard this from me before but i think part of the toycoma fandom is that it was selling unopposed for so long. when several makers had a small or mid size truck to run against the toycoma it was not so sought after. easy to be the leader when you the only on in the race.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I do agree with you Jim about the Colorado, especially the ZR2. It was posted here a little while back and I too was impressed just by the pictures. I built one just for fun and the price wasn't all that bad either. I doubt I'll jump ship but this will/might be one that I'll have to give a second look at.

Attachments

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
I do agree with you Jim about the Colorado, especially the ZR2. It was posted here a little while back and I too was impressed just by the pictures. I built one just for fun and the price wasn't all that bad either. I doubt I'll jump ship but this will/might be one that I'll have to give a second look at.
Told you before.... you need to stop with the GM nonsense! :frown:

Repeat after me, R A N G E R....

Whole damn forum going to hell.

Alright. I'm ok now. Moving on. Thinking pure peaceful Ford thoughts.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Told you before.... you need to stop with the GM nonsense! :frown:

Repeat after me, R A N G E R....

Whole damn forum going to hell.

Alright. I'm ok now. Moving on. Thinking pure peaceful Ford thoughts.
Sorry, it's early here and my brain wasn't working right. Thanks for setting me straight! :headbang::headbang:

Now back to RANGERS, Dampers and Graphene!!?

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Couldn't help it. Just read the Taco review again. That is hands down the most honest piece I have ever read about the Taco. For me his comments about the seating position were particularly dead on. Glad to read a review that calls it like it is. No doubt the Taco fans are eviserating the review with all sort of arguments.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw the new Colorado zr2 at the Texas state Fair and ooowee it looked sweet.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I saw the new Colorado zr2 at the Texas state Fair and ooowee it looked sweet.
It's probably better I don't see it in person. lol I'm glad the others are upping their game as it makes Ford do the same. I've always been a Ford guy, have been for many many years. I think the only way I would jump ship is if Ford pulls another stunt like they did with the Bronco, changing it to an allocation system. No vehicle is worth waiting 3+ years for.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's probably better I don't see it in person. lol I'm glad the others are upping their game as it makes Ford do the same. I've always been a Ford guy, have been for many many years. I think the only way I would jump ship is if Ford pulls another stunt like they did with the Bronco, changing it to an allocation system. No vehicle is worth waiting 3+ years for.
I think the new ranger raptor looks the best for that tier of new midsize trucks. Since Toyota hasn't brought the hilux, I'm curious to see if zr2 and ranger raptor sales are neck and neck. The Silverado zr2 isn't on the same tier as the f150 raptor but the Colorado zr2 should be in the same tier as the ranger raptor unless it has leaf springs.

Depending on how many units Ford makes the ranger raptor could go the allocation route.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think the new ranger raptor looks the best for that tier of new midsize trucks. Since Toyota hasn't brought the hilux, I'm curious to see if zr2 and ranger raptor sales are neck and neck. The Silverado zr2 isn't on the same tier as the f150 raptor but the Colorado zr2 should be in the same tier as the ranger raptor unless it has leaf springs.

Depending on how many units Ford makes the ranger raptor could go the allocation route.
I'm sure the Ranger Raptor will go that route, I'm already first on my dealers list for one. They have 3 dealerships and sell a lot of trucks (huge commercial division) so as long as it's not priced to crazy high there's a good chance I'll get one.