Toyota has 3 of 6 on most disappointing list which Includes Tacoma, Ford fails to place

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
I do agree with you Jim about the Colorado, especially the ZR2. It was posted here a little while back and I too was impressed just by the pictures. I built one just for fun and the price wasn't all that bad either. I doubt I'll jump ship but this will/might be one that I'll have to give a second look at.
The only way I would give it a serious look was if I was forced to replace my Ranger due to theft or total loss. One attribute that the Colorado has over the Ranger was front leg room. The drivers seat went all the way back to basically touching the rear seat. Since I am 6'4", that is a big deal! I don't think I have seen that much front leg room in any vehicle.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Couldn't help it. Just read the Taco review again. That is hands down the most honest piece I have ever read about the Taco. For me his comments about the seating position were particularly dead on. Glad to read a review that calls it like it is. No doubt the Taco fans are eviserating the review with all sort of arguments.
Sombody has to post that review over on Taco World if it isn’t already posted. Then stand back and watch the fire fight. Post results here for some mega laughs! ?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
oopss

Last edited:
OP
OP
dtech

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Told you before.... you need to stop with the GM nonsense! :frown:

Repeat after me, R A N G E R....

Whole damn forum going to hell.

Alright. I'm ok now. Moving on. Thinking pure peaceful Ford thoughts.
yes on paper the Colorado looks very good - almost too good to be true, it will be interesting to see how reliable the 2.7 T proves to be the high output version - 420 lbs/ft is diesel like no. , the engine i has more complex features - esp in the valve train, it's direct injection only which goes against the trend of mpi and di , and of course it has a 10k oci. Last but not least to Friday's yet point - GM.
Might have a better BMS than Ford's but that not saying a whole lot.

OP
OP
dtech

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
A majority on here had the Tacoma figured out some yrs back (we are brilliant) , but what I find almost as interesting is the review on the Sequoia - redesigned this year after 15 yrs, they really lambaste the solid rear axle - as did another review I've seen, then with the new Tundra Toyota did just the opposite replacing the solid rear axle with independent. And yes nice to see the authors didn't pull any punches.
i will always stand by 2nd and 1st gens were the best gens of the tacoma the 3rd was always just a bleh to me no matter what people did to em
also solid rear over independent rear any day... way better articulation possibilities also the tundra is still solid rear it no longer has leaf springs its now a link system

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sombody has to post that review over on Taco World if it isn’t already posted. Then stand back and watch the fire fight. Post results here for some mega laughs! ?
you would just end up getting banned tbh they deal with trolls pretty fast now if you wanted a laugh you drop it in the 3rd gen section just about anything upsets that dumpster fire thread

OP
OP
dtech

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i will always stand by 2nd and 1st gens were the best gens of the tacoma the 3rd was always just a bleh to me no matter what people did to em
also solid rear over independent rear any day... way better articulation possibilities also the tundra is still solid rear it no longer has leaf springs its now a link system
Good catch on the solid vs independent, the link rear on the tundra should improve articulation?

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good catch on the solid vs independent, the link rear on the tundra should improve articulation?
in stock form prob not much but far more then a independent setup... but wait for the aftermarket world it will be awesome! it will be a lot easier to make a better setup prerunner with better travel but only time will tell

OP
OP
dtech

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in stock form prob not much but far more then a independent setup... but wait for the aftermarket world it will be awesome! it will be a lot easier to make a better setup prerunner with better travel but only time will tell
Yeah doesn't jeep use coils on most if not all of their vehicles

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah doesn't jeep use coils on most if not all of their vehicles
correct they havent used leaf springs since the early gens of the xj and yj after that its all been coils and links. most companies dont go with links because well its pricey leaf springs are so much cheaper to make and design thats why the joke of leaf springs are for the poor and such came around
Sponsored