First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
Good information to have when I got The camper. I do have a set of mirror extensions. They are critical for backing the trailer up. The blind spot sensors don't help much for that task.

On a side note. Maybe I will see you around town as I live and work in GR. I haven't seen another Ranger on the road yet but I will keep my eye out for a Saber Ranger. Nice to know West Michigan supplied parts for the Ranger.
I dont know a ton about our production, but we have a few locations around west michigan, so it's likely the mirrors for the ranger were also assembled in west michigan.
Sponsored

WaltKNJ

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew
Occupation
Tractor trailer driver
You may well be right,:wink:and I regret any consternation which I may have caused you.... but I have a shelf full of those rubberband mirrors in my shop and they seem to exert a great deal more sail pressure on the truck mirrors than the Cipas.
I have used Cipa Mirrors for years and found them very stable and they have never caused a vehicle on which I have used them to fold. I think it has to do with the leverage applied by the Rubberband mirrors in contrast to the fact that the wind force is spread across the entire face of the Cipa mirror including the covered portion of the OEM Mirror. Also the Cipa custom mirror may well be more aerodynamic.
The rubberband mirrors have been a constant aggravation in comparison ... Vibrating and folding the Tow vehicle mirrors, even shifting when installed properly.
None of these problems has occurred with the Cipa custom mirrors in my experience

Of course I understand that your experience may well be different.
I understand that there may be a problem with the OEM mirror.
I also understand what Todd said.
Our only difference appears to be that I think my comment had some relevance and you didn't.
That's OK too.:like:
I looked at CIPA mirrors and none of the options for a slide over the existing mirror would fit the 2019 Ranger. All options were strap on options.

Any specific models you can provide?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I looked at CIPA mirrors and none of the options for a slide over the existing mirror would fit the 2019 Ranger. All options were strap on options.

Any specific models you can provide?
There was no listing for my former Ranger either.
I looked at various vehicles which I thought might fit, and found that my particular 2001 Ranger shared its mirror with certain Explorers . I then ordered the mirrors for the Explorer.

I have done this often in the past when doing restoration work. For instance, when restoring an early Cougar I had to order the carpet set for a Mustang.

When I was at a local RV shop, I also noticed that CIPA now has a competitor which makes the same design. sorry but I don't recall the name.

Another option is to call CIPA and ask if they will make them soon...
A few more calls might encourage them....

Customer Service:
800-872-2472 Ext. 220

Last edited:

WaltKNJ

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tractor trailer driver

WaltKNJ

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tractor trailer driver
I found the mirrors available from a parst dealer in the UK. Don't know if they will sell to a US customer.

1594833212919.png

Travis11

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Tacoma
I found the mirrors available from a parst dealer in the UK. Don't know if they will sell to a US customer.

1594833212919.png
I would definitely be interested in some of those. I believe an Australian company also makes some sliders.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

1594833212919.png
Being UK they are probably for Right Hand Drive. Passenger side mirrors are convex and driver side are flat. It doesn't mention BLIS so you will probably lose that. I'd be in if it wasn't for those issues. Power folding not so much an issue to me, don't use it anyway. I do like the concept and look though, much better than dealing with the clamp-ons I'm using now.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Why do they have to look like Duramax mirrors??? :puke:

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
There was no listing for my former Ranger either.
I looked at various vehicles which I thought might fit, and found that my particular 2001 Ranger shared its mirror with certain Explorers . I then ordered the mirrors for the Explorer.

I have done this often in the past when doing restoration work. For instance, when restoring an early Cougar I had to order the carpet set for a Mustang.

When I was at a local RV shop, I also noticed that CIPA now has a competitor which makes the same design. sorry but I don't recall the name.

Another option is to call CIPA and ask if they will make them soon...
A few more calls might encourage them....

Customer Service:
800-872-2472 Ext. 220
Have you heard of any update on the CIPA mirrors? In particular, a model that fits the new Ranger. I called the number listed and the tech said they still weren't made for the 5G Ranger. I'll be picking up something in a couple weeks and would like to do it once.
Sponsored