First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I got my new set installed. Took about an hour and half with a 15 minute toddler potty break and other various toddler stop work issues.

I used a T30 L torx wrench and only removed the tweeters. I figure the majority of my time was taking off and putting on the bottom bolts 1/4 turn at a time. I also replaced 2 out of 3 bolts with hex bolts M6x 18 and a fender washer. I didn't have a socket or wrench small enough for the third to be replaced as well.

20230421_184039.jpg
20230421_191415.jpg
20230421_194758.jpg

20230421_194806.jpg

Biggest issues is starting the bottom bolts getting them lined up, etc. On my passenger side unit the plug connector pushed 1/4 farther into the truck. Not enough to plug or cause issues other than making that bottom bolt that much harder.

Also there is a rubber gasket on the tweeters snap cover that is now inside my door along with a fender washer.

Not sure if I should worry about the gasket.
I think you'll like them. They make a huge difference when towing, especially if you have a standard 8 foot wide trailer.
I pulled my door panels off, made it easier....but, like you, I also replaced the torx with stainless hex bolts and appropriate washers.
Their going to be very "stiff" and hard to pull out at first, but the more you use the, they'll become easier to pull out.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
I think you'll like them. They make a huge difference when towing, especially if you have a standard 8 foot wide trailer.
I pulled my door panels off, made it easier....but, like you, I also replaced the torx with stainless hex bolts and appropriate washers.
Their going to be very "stiff" and hard to pull out at first, but the more you use the, they'll become easier to pull out.
Mine were not stiff at all. I could open them 2/3 in my bare hands not attached to the truck. Attached to the truck they slide out. Not easy. But I don't feel like I am going to break something.

I bet they have started prelubing them at Clearview.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
That's great....I've had to spray the 3 extend sections with some "dry lube" several times, but they have become much easier over the past year. Mine are the "all the way" Lariat mirrors, and to me it's the best $$$ I've spent on the Ranger....but than again we take at least 8-10 trips a year.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
That's great....I've had to spray the 3 extend sections with some "dry lube" several times, but they have become much easier over the past year. Mine are the "all the way" Lariat mirrors, and to me it's the best $$$ I've spent on the Ranger....but than again we take at least 8-10 trips a year.
We have 6 trips booked since Jan. Most semi local, and longer trips for the kids. I was dreading the thought of losing more clamp on mirrors.
Sponsored