First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
So what gives with the touch screen going black? It's intermittent, but annoying. When it does go black, radio is still playing but the power button doesn't work. It's probably happened 5 times in the last month. I tried searching but......Is there a recall or an update I should install (that is if the screen isn't dark)?
Sponsored

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
So what gives with the touch screen going black? It's intermittent, but annoying. When it does go black, radio is still playing but the power button doesn't work. It's probably happened 5 times in the last month. I tried searching but......Is there a recall or an update I should install (that is if the screen isn't dark)?
Had the issue for first time last week on my 2019. Have an appointment to get it checked out. Either Ford software or APIM failure???

in the-mean time I did manual reset holding power button and FF BUTTON FOR 5-7 seconds. Has worked the last couple days without incident.

Just do a search for ford sync black screen of death Ford Ranger. Lots of issues recently.

OP
OP

TBM837

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the information Underwhelmed! I'll give that a try. I was holding off on calling the dealership. I'm retired as well and in another state, along with what seems to be a national incompetence issue everywhere since the pandemic ended, I just didn't want to deal with people who don't know how to do their job.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the information Underwhelmed! I'll give that a try. I was holding off on calling the dealership. I'm retired as well and in another state, along with what seems to be a national incompetence issue everywhere since the pandemic ended, I just didn't want to deal with people who don't know how to do their job.
What version is installed? If less than 3.4.23188, then do the update and see if that corrects any issues. 3.4.22251 has lots of issues that develop over time.

Sassybabe59

First Name
Chloe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Had the issue for first time last week on my 2019. Have an appointment to get it checked out. Either Ford software or APIM failure???

in the-mean time I did manual reset holding power button and FF BUTTON FOR 5-7 seconds. Has worked the last couple days without incident.

Just do a search for ford sync black screen of death Ford Ranger. Lots of issues recently.

Sassybabe59

First Name
Chloe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Oh my gosh! I had that happen to me on my 2019 Lariat too! Took it to the dealership and they replaced a part. I forgot which Im so gladly for this forum
Sponsored