First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Retired Living the Life
I can't figure out why my touch only works on the drivers door. Any ideas how to get all doors and locks to work?
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
If you are on your OEM battery, that is probably your problem. If it it is you have made it longer than most of us.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I can't figure out why my touch only works on the drivers door. Any ideas how to get all doors and locks to work?
As others have mentioned David, one of the symptoms of a weak battery is the touch door locks stop working. Another symptom is that the ASS stops working also. If you are not driving a lot daily, you might try charging the battery but you are probably going to have to replace the battery soon. My 2020 Ranger was made at the end of 2019 and the door locks and ASS would start working again after charging the battery but only for a fairly short time. I replaced the battery and now all is well. :like:

tedvaw

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired Ford Technician
Have had this happen to my Ranger three times in the last 4 years. First time I took it into the Ford dealership where I had retired from and reloading the "as built" data took care of the issue. The last two times I merely disconnected the battery for a short period of time and it has worked fine for over a year each time. Battery has been tested and passed with flying colors. It is very correct that a failing battery can cause numerous electrical concerns with modules so get your battery tested. Otherwise I would give disconnecting the battery for a bit a try, it seems to reset some modules.
Sponsored