• Poll closed .

Tarawadet

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 model. Having issues with the front door looks. They will not look using the fob or the panel on the inside or outside of the door. Wondering if there’s a setting I missed or if anyone else is havythe same issue. note - they can be looking with the key old school style
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 model. Having issues with the front door looks. They will not look using the fob or the panel on the inside or outside of the door. Wondering if there’s a setting I missed or if anyone else is havythe same issue. note - they can be looking with the key old school style
Yeah, check your settings, If I recall as I was scrolling through there are I think 3 different ones that can be selected in the menu on the screen.

OP
OP

Tarawadet

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Yeah, check your settings, If I recall as I was scrolling through there are I think 3 different ones that can be selected in the menu on the screen.
Thanks - Do you mean the Home screen in the center or home screen behind the steering wheel?

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the menu sequence... You'll just have to play w/ the settings as Mislock and Switch Inhibit aren't even in the owner's manual so I don't know exactly what they signify. I even searched the PDF versions 1 and 2.

IMG-5824.JPG

IMG-5825.JPG

IMG-5826.JPG

IMG-5827.JPG

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Magnetic
Switch Inhibit turns off the power lock switches after 20 seconds. Either the ignition needs to be turned on to restore unlocking or the key-fob needs to be pressed.

Mislock is the double honk when you try to Lock the vehicle with the remote but a door is still ajar.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Switch Inhibit turns off the power lock switches after 20 seconds. Either the ignition needs to be turned on to restore unlocking or the key-fob needs to be pressed.

Mislock is the double honk when you try to Lock the vehicle with the remote but a door is still ajar.
Thanks for the info.

OP
OP

Tarawadet

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
The dealership said that both front driver and front passenger actuators are bad (corrosion on the contacts?? - The truck was built January 11th hard to believe they failed, or got corrosion that fast! And I’ve only had it two weeks). Both will be replaced next week (had to order the parts). There’s power up to the actuators but they fail to function. I will repost next week with the outcome of replacing booth actuators. I suspect that the aucuators are not the problem - never had any problems with my Tahoe (but of course it cost almost twice what the ranger did - maybe you do get what you pay for, or Ford quality/quality checks aren’t up to par)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tarawadet

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
The dealership said that both front driver and front passenger actuators are bad (corrosion on the contacts?? - The truck was built January 11th hard to believe they failed, or got corrosion that fast! And I’ve only had it two weeks). Both will be replaced next week (had to order the parts). There’s power up to the actuators but they fail to function. I will repost next week with the outcome of replacing booth actuators. I suspect that the aucuators are not the problem - never had any problems with my Tahoe (but of course it cost almost twice what the ranger did - maybe you do get what you pay for, or Ford quality/quality checks aren’t up to par)
UPDATE: Ford dealer installed new door lock actuators and that didn’t fix the issue as I suspected it wouldn’t. Their new solution is to install a new wire harness from the dash all the way back to the tail gate (entire rear harness) - They have no clue how to fix it and are just guessing at this point. Meanwhile the truck, with 1200 miles on it is in pieces and going on day 10 in the shop.

OP
OP

Tarawadet

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
UPDATE: Ford dealer installed new door lock actuators and that didn’t fix the issue as I suspected it wouldn’t. Their new solution is to install a new wire harness from the dash all the way back to the tail gate (entire rear harness) - They have no clue how to fix it and are just guessing at this point. Meanwhile the truck, with 1200 miles on it is in pieces and going on day 10 in the shop.
Fixed the problem finally - I did keep the $400 Ranger bed mat, it fits nicely in part of the bed of my 2020 7.3 liter V8 pushrod F250!
43DB3195-B01C-4F1C-9FEC-3F560FD5AAD8.jpeg

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Beautiful truck!
Sponsored