Too close alarm going off

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Xlt Sport Supercrew 2wd
I just turn mine off when it does this. Snow, ice, and frost set mine off. Rain disables all the sensors on my work truck, so it could be worse.
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

I've had blowing snow set off the cross traffic alert when backing out of parking spot before. But to be fair, it was fairly solid looking, so I don't fault it for that.

Only other time they went off incorrectly was when I plowed through the snow bank and they got packed with snow, and again I don't fault it for that. Other than those 2 isolated times, I haven't had any issues. Weird that you guys seem to be having issues so frequently and over such minor conditions.

OP
OP
ed1946

ed1946

First Name
elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 taurus
Occupation
retired
Ford fix ??

Sounds like a sour Tacoma troll.

but regardless, the way the sensor functions is to warn you if anything is near it...ice on it, fits that description. so does mud and probably other road grime.
Not sure if all models have it, but there is a button to press to silence them. likely for this very reason.
I keep a can of spray ice remover for this very purpose. if I'm too lazy to even carry out that simple task, the button does the job.
I post a real problem and get a stupid response. Forums are suppose to help people, not sure what your'e doing but trolling. Sensors were clean, was cold out, it seems a lot of people have same problem

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I post a real problem and get a stupid response. Forums are suppose to help people, not sure what your'e doing but trolling. Sensors were clean, was cold out, it seems a lot of people have same problem
Hi Elmer,

I had the same problem, It turned out to be the connector behind the left front headlight not being connected properly...Once seated the problem went away... Might take the truck back to the dealer for investigation....This connector takes a bunch of contortionist body postures to reach.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored