First Name
elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 taurus
Occupation
retired
All of a sudden am getting a alarm on touch screen showing truck is too close to something in left front corner, anybody had anything like that.
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
All of a sudden am getting a alarm on touch screen showing truck is too close to something in left front corner, anybody had anything like that.
Some ice build-up on the sensor, also when pulling up to drive through or ATM get real close.

RCNGunnr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4 Sport Appearance, Hot Pepper Red
Occupation
Naval Warfare Officer
Been getting that early in the day after an icy night. Always goes away one the trucks has warmed up and driven and shaken a bit. annoying but it always stops after a little bit.

Deleted member 1634

Been getting that early in the day after an icy night. Always goes away one the trucks has warmed up and driven and shaken a bit. annoying but it always stops after a little bit.
Might have to make it part of your routine to just clean off the little sensor circles every time before you leave in the morning. As you go around scraping the windows, just knock those little things too. It's part of my snow clearing walk around routine after work.

OP
OP
ed1946

ed1946

First Name
elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 taurus
Occupation
retired
So Ford has no fix or anything.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Please expand on your trouble.
Are your sensors clean, are you parked by anything or pulling up to anything?
Is there damage to your sensor?
Attach some pics to show the issue and how often is this happening and when and where.

All vehicle types I've driven (Ford, Chev, GMC, Subaru) have had this issue when the sensors are dirty, icy, working properly.

mahatma

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
Yes, mine went off today.
The truck had snow & ice on it. It went of repeatedly, very distracting. I'd like to disable this feature.
FWIW the system displayed these:
The smaller 4" screen (300A trim) displayed a white box w/ an X in the top r h corner.
The dash display showed an image of the whole truck outlined in red and the offending sensor was shown.
Hitting "OK" did not stop the alarm.

Deleted member 1634

Either the sensor is covered with something (ice, mud, snow, etc.), you're driving too close to things (especially if it's a solid tone and not beeping), or it's a malfunctioning sensor.

The first two options are things you would be responsible for "fixing", not Ford. And the third is something they will fix by replacing the sensor or whatever is malfunctioning. So I guess I don't understand what you're asking here.

If nothing else, there's a button to the front left of the shifter you can press to disable the parking assist sensors for the duration of your drive.

RCNGunnr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4 Sport Appearance, Hot Pepper Red
Occupation
Naval Warfare Officer
Might have to make it part of your routine to just clean off the little sensor circles every time before you leave in the morning. As you go around scraping the windows, just knock those little things too. It's part of my snow clearing walk around routine after work.
i do that to no effect believe it or not. i think there may be some moisture somewhere playing games.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, Tuesday was nuts for my sensors during the freezing rain. Every time I came to a stop every sensor (front and back) was sending an alarm. Was kind of annoying, but I knew it was because of the ice. As soon as I parked it in the garage and everything meted, it was fine/

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
Happens to me as well. FIrst noticed it in the morning, the previous night I went to the car wash. Anecdotal, but I do believe water can freeze around the sensors or near them. It went away after everything warmed up.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Also picks up curbs backing in a parking spot. I find they work well.
Sponsored