tonneau covers American or Gator?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I have the Gator as well. Install was very easy, did take a small amount of brain-power to get it to a good spot. This is my first truck and, obviously, my first cover. While I like the look, the fit seems a bit off. I have it as far back as possible and the seal on the tailgate seems a bit short. Time will tell. Holds up well on the highway at speed, have not tested in heavy rain yet. The tailgate seal strip that it came with is good for the bottom, but did not seal the sides well enough so I picked up a Truxedo seal for the sides. Overall, I am happy with it.

7B22DE12-4AA4-4AE0-B0AB-DAB5BBDC7BEE.jpeg

Same one here, the fit was off at the front, but the back only seems to leak from the bottom where the tailgate gap is "cavernous". My problem is I couldn't get it squared so that it consistently rolls up straight. The front I couldn't install the bulkhead seal because it wouldn't fit with the factory drop in liner. I ended up building a bulkhead seal with 3M tape and composite deck wood.

jubreunig

First Name
Juergen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my Gator ETX last night and I have a gap. Either I have the gap in the front or at the tailgate, but no way without. If the tailgate seal would go 1/4inch more backwards, it would be perfect. I will talk with Gator support next week.

With a light in the bed and the right perspective you can see the gap pretty good.
upload_2019-11-29_17-30-58.png

OP
OP

Sky Valley

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
I installed my Gator ETX last night and I have a gap. Either I have the gap in the front or at the tailgate, but no way without. If the tailgate seal would go 1/4inch more backwards, it would be perfect. I will talk with Gator support next week.

With a light in the bed and the right perspective you can see the gap pretty good.
Thank you, yes it would be best to contact them.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Drove it in very heavy rain today, did better than I though it would. There was a only small amount of water along the passenger side front corner and at the rear driver side along the tailgate. Not an issue.

Trevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat

Did you ever hear from them? I have the same issue and didnt know if I should return or add a weather stripping to the front and back? I just want the bed dry!

jubreunig

First Name
Juergen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
no, that's not the problem. The cover doesn't reach the tailgate, it is too short. I started a complain at Gator and the new one is on the way.

jubreunig

First Name
Juergen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever hear from them? I have the same issue and didnt know if I should return or add a weather stripping to the front and back? I just want the bed dry!
They will send me a new one btw it’s on the way. I did a mistake and start my claim at Gator direct and got no answer, than I started at EBay and got immediately response from Gator.
Sponsored