First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
You should be able to find new with better financing for a similar price. I didn’t spend much more than that for my new 2020 XLT with the 0% financing. Financing makes a huge difference!
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Looks to me the P/S front door has been resprayed. That's way too high priced imo.
I agree. That passenger front door is a huge red flag.

The Carfax report on that probably reads like my brother-in-law’s rap sheet!

Look for a great deal on a 2019 at a Ford dealer’s lot or take advantage of great financing on a 2020 - COVID has kicked the crap out of auto sales - you’re In the drivers seat, literally. That truck’s likely at a used car lot because a dealer wouldn’t touch it. They all buy their used stock from the same online auctions and the dealers typically shy away from the salvage units - they have their reputation at stake. Better safe than sorry.

I’d sell you mine but I just love it so, so much!

Good Luck!

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
Why buy somebody elses problems, at that price, your not svaing anything to justify it. Get that i just bought this New, Truck feeling!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,
I'm a new member on here. I've been roaming about, doing some reading. I found this Ranger kind of close to me that I do like. I'm wondering, would you guys
A,Attempt to talk them down on this, considering it is a 2019 (with 8,26 miles)?
B, Try to go to a Ford dealer (this is a used car lot) and try to talk a Ford dealer down on a 2020 with some of the features I'm looking at getting?

Since I work for Sherwin Williams Paint, I would be eligible for the Ford X plan.
Thank you for reading, I hope to hear some opinions.

Attached is the link to the Ranger I mentioned.
https://www.hepperlyautosales.com/used/Ford/2019-Ford-Ranger-c8e1fdb60a0e0ae8077cf0560c43f99d.htm
I would always want to buy a new vehicle over a used one, even a gently used one. Those c. 8,000 miles are the 8,000 most beautiful miles in a vehicle's lifetime. The fact that it is a 2019 rather than a 2020 is not so important, as there were hardly any changes made--and no important ones. But dealers who have new 2019s on the lot will be feeling increasing pressure to get rid of them, and you may be able to exploit their urgency--a used car lot will not feel that. I would also wonder why someone would unload a Ranger with only c. 8,000 miles on it. Sure, maybe he got laid off or sick in the pandemic, but maybe, just maybe, there was something wrong with this Ranger? I would not take the chance. Go for a new one, either 2019 or 2020, but, as I say, dealers may be more susceptible to pressure if it is a 2019.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,
I'm a new member on here. I've been roaming about, doing some reading. I found this Ranger kind of close to me that I do like. I'm wondering, would you guys
A,Attempt to talk them down on this, considering it is a 2019 (with 8,26 miles)?
B, Try to go to a Ford dealer (this is a used car lot) and try to talk a Ford dealer down on a 2020 with some of the features I'm looking at getting?

Since I work for Sherwin Williams Paint, I would be eligible for the Ford X plan.
Thank you for reading, I hope to hear some opinions.

Attached is the link to the Ranger I mentioned.
https://www.hepperlyautosales.com/used/Ford/2019-Ford-Ranger-c8e1fdb60a0e0ae8077cf0560c43f99d.htm
Used market is too strong. Buy new for now. Here's a local ad for a 2020,
https://www.rayskillmanford.com/new...all&perform=get_results&model[]=Ranger&page=2

Justin87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
collision tech
Looks to me the P/S front door has been resprayed. That's way too high priced imo.
Do not buy it. I've been a body man for almost 20 years and currently work in a ford body shop. 2 things about that door that looks like its been painted, and who knows what else was painted on that truck. 1, if it was a light scratch or dent, it most likely was fixed sub par, and will show problems down the road. Used cars are thrown together as cheap and quickly as possible to look good sitting on the lot so you buy it. They don't care about the longevity of repairs or mechanics. 2, ive seen so many people wreck their vehicles lately and trade them in as soon as they pick them up from being fixed. With news and social media about some recent high profile accidents that killed or badly injured people because of poor quality repairs, people just have it in their head that the vehicle will never be the same after an accident, so they trade it in right away.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The other point worth considering is that a new Ranger, even a new 2019 model, bought from a dealer, will have all the applicable warranties. Even if the dealer is a dirtball, you would have the right to appeal any unfavorable judgments to the higher Ford authorities. This is worth a lot when you consider how many things can go wrong in a motor vehicle, even one, as they say, "Built Ford Tough."

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
And with that being said, keep in mind this is only a 4X2. My loaded up 4x4 was less than that OTD!

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
New used is so not a thing. lol. It's just used or new.
Have to agree, 20-30% off what that specific sticker is would be my target zone if I had to have this one.. Definitely less than $30k certainly. I'd also ask that they take care of any open campaign [recalls] before delivery.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I paid $36k for a new loaded Lariat FX4, that price is way too high.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
First...

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!! (Even though I'm now an embarrassed Auburn fan after that Georgia game!)

Second, that price looks not so good. I bought a slightly used, 12,000 miles EXACT, 2019 Ranger XLT with the FX4 off road package (4x4 with the extra off road bells and whistles, just in case you're not familiar) for $28,890 after taxes and fees from CarMax.

I wanted a new truck but I couldn't get my wife comfortable with making the jump to the new-truck pricing. My wife's friend's husband works for CarMax locally and had this truck brought down from Tennessee for me to look at and I fell in love with it.

I think you could do better for that much money.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
@Calwilson33
If you are looking at used at that price, I suggest taking a long and hard look at a new model.
I nearly lost my mind looking used pickups. Trucks have a very linear depreciation curve and buying new is very close to buying 1-2 yrs old. By very close I mean within 1-2 grand, and sometimes better depending on rebates. Thats based on my spreadsheet that factors in: financed %, cost of ownership, rebates, dealer incentives, more "options freedom" etc.

During the initial to mid covid hit, it almost seemed like used was more expensive than new. I don't know about right now though.