Thoughts on these Rangers?

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Well, if I were in your shoes, I'd go with the blue one. It has about the same options as I have on mine. I don't know how they aren now, but Wade used to be a pretty good dealership. In the end, get what you want. You'll not regret that.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Doublestack00

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
Well, if I were in your shoes, I'd go with the blue one. It has about the same options as I have on mine. I don't know how they aren now, but Wade used to be a pretty good dealership. In the end, get what you want. You'll not regret that.

I think I may end up going used. Wade has a white Lariat that is fully loaded with 18K miles on it for 30K. I just can't get any of these lower than what is listed and the blue one they have above is missing the rear locker which I want.

I do dig the blue color with the sport trim a lot though.

Thoughts?

https://www.wadeford.com/used-Smyrna-2019-Ford-Ranger-LARIAT-1FTER4FH1KLA03166

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I think I may end up going used. Wade has a white Lariat that is fully loaded with 18K miles on it for 30K. I just can't get any of these lower than what is listed and the blue one they have above is missing the rear locker which I want.

I do dig the blue color with the sport trim a lot though.

Thoughts?

https://www.wadeford.com/used-Smyrna-2019-Ford-Ranger-LARIAT-1FTER4FH1KLA03166
Hey, Brian, for that low price you are getting absolutely every feature a man could want in a truck, and 18K is not so many miles that things are getting worn out. I personally do not like the chrome package, white platinum paint, or the light colored interiors, but those are just my personal preferences. If those things do not bother you, or better yet, if you like them, go for it!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I agree, but I'm not willing to take any less for my car. At 17 they will still make a few grand and it will sell in easily.
If you're so sure it will sell at that price, forget the trade in and just sell it.

OP
OP

Doublestack00

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
If you're so sure it will sell at that price, forget the trade in and just sell it.

I surely can but then I loose the tax benefits of trading. I got offered 17,500 last night by the local Honda dealer sight unseen. At 17.5K thats all most 1300 in taxes.

Last edited:

OP
OP

Doublestack00

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
Hey, Brian, for that low price you are getting absolutely every feature a man could want in a truck, and 18K is not so many miles that things are getting worn out. I personally do not like the chrome package, white platinum paint, or the light colored interiors, but those are just my personal preferences. If those things do not bother you, or better yet, if you like them, go for it!

I'm not a huge fan of the chrome either, but otherwise the truck looks really nice and has pretty much every option Ford offers. It looks to have the dark leather which I do like. I'm trying to get them down a grand and I'd feel great about the deal.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a huge fan of the chrome either, but otherwise the truck looks really nice and has pretty much every option Ford offers. It looks to have the dark leather which I do like. I'm trying to get them down a grand and I'd feel great about the deal.
I like the dark leather, too, sorry, I thought it looked like the light stuff to me. But no matter. It has, like you say, "every option Ford offers," and I am sure that, in this crisis, they will go down another grand if you can convince them that you will walk if you don't get it. Good luck, man!

OP
OP

Doublestack00

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
Got a quote on the white Lariat. Thoughts?

Quote.jpg

OP
OP

Doublestack00

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
Last edited:

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Whoops, saw the trade in miles. Ya. Oxford white are a dime a dozen. Nothing against your choice. Ya, that's not so bad of a price. You probably can get it down more. Look for damage on the truck to haggle more. Best of luck.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Have you test driven it? It looks great, really beautiful, and has all the accessories a man could ask for, but they do not specify (or I cannot find) what kind of suspension upgrade they did on it, if any. If the former owner used spacers or similar setup to get that kind of lift, you could be in for a rough ride--or have to spend major aftermarket bucks to get a ride you like.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
My concern, the listing states "Online price does not include dealer installed options"

There might be a HUGE difference between published price and out the door price.

OP
OP

Doublestack00

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
Have you test driven it? It looks great, really beautiful, and has all the accessories a man could ask for, but they do not specify (or I cannot find) what kind of suspension upgrade they did on it, if any. If the former owner used spacers or similar setup to get that kind of lift, you could be in for a rough ride--or have to spend major aftermarket bucks to get a ride you like.

Great minds think alike. I emailed the sales rep and asked him what kit was used etc.
Sponsored