First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
Trying to find the best deal possible. These three seem to be really good.

White Lariat

Blue Lariat

Red Lariat

I really don't need a Lariat but the two options I want the most can't be had with out opting for it so trying to see if I can find a deal on one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Depends on your "must have" list

Red is a base 4wd Lariat, no navigation
Blue adds 501a w/navigation and sport appearance pkg
White tops out the 3 with nav, B&O stereo, Sport pkg and FX4 pkg.

Personally, I think the Sport and FX4 packages are expensive for what they really add so the Red base seems to me to be the best value.

I'm not crazy about the chrome, or lack of nav, but plastidip can cover the chrome in an hour and Nav can be added for under $500 with a bit of help with Forscan.

All three seem pretty good deals so again, what "Must" the options include?

OP
OP

Doublestack00

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
Navigation is a waste IMO and I'd never use it when I can use Google/Waze with Android Auto.

I like the sport package as the trim color it provides looks good, I also hate the chrome.

I really want the LED headlights and the push to start. I am coming from a car with a proximity key so going back to a keyed ignition would be a pain after 2 years of not needing ever pull my keys out. If I could get these 2 options I would go with a XL and add all my own mods.

All of them are 8-10K off MSRP, I like the white one a lot as the sport trim against the white looks really nice. The red looks like to much red with everything color match, but I guess I could swap out the bumpers or something to break it up.

Blue I do not mind the color at all and the deal dose not seems bad.

I would like the locking rear diff, a $450 option is cheap considering aftermarket to add something like that would cost 4X as much. I also like the traier/tow package but not a deal breaker as I found the parts list online to add it after the fact for under $400.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
You're getting much better deals on Lariats in SC than here in PA. There were no big discounts on Lariats like you are showing, so I opted for the XLT. I do miss push button start and would have liked leather, but not for the money. I'm partial to the RED after having 3 WHITE Rangers!

OP
OP

Doublestack00

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
I'm actually in south GA but willing to drive up to 200 miles or so for the right deal.

I don't want to spend the money but I think I'll regret not having push to start.

I may not buy, I really want one but if I cant get the deal I want I'll just keep my current car. Waiting to see how good of a deal I can get as I'm in no hurry.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually in south GA but willing to drive up to 200 miles or so for the right deal.

I don't want to spend the money but I think I'll regret not having push to start.

I may not buy, I really want one but if I cant get the deal I want I'll just keep my current car. Waiting to see how good of a deal I can get as I'm in no hurry.
All 3 of those look like pretty good deals to me. I'd say it depends on what you want, but I'd consider any of the 3 to be a good deal. Two of them showed they were "Courtesy vehicles" and I saw one had over 3k miles on it, which is probably why the larger discounts.

I absolutely love the push button start and the keyless entry. About the only time I take the keys out of my pocket is if I need to unlock the tailgate.

OP
OP

Doublestack00

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
Found a good deal but the dealer wanted to try and rip me on my trade. My current car is a sought after car and extremely easy flip for them so I had to walk.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Found a good deal but the dealer wanted to try and rip me on my trade. My current car is a sought after car and extremely easy flip for them so I had to walk.
The bottom has all but dropped out of the car market so used and trade in values are way down. Factor in most dealers only pay auction prices on trades and yea, most trade ins are darn near larceny.

Shoot, I think most new sales are larceny too.

OP
OP

Doublestack00

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
I've already had 2 dealers offer about the same, they wanted to give me all most 2K less

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
There is always a catch on trade-ins. You have to factor that in with the idea that the dealer will not lose money one way or the other.

OP
OP

Doublestack00

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
There is always a catch on trade-ins. You have to factor that in with the idea that the dealer will not lose money one way or the other.
I agree, but I'm not willing to take any less for my car. At 17 they will still make a few grand and it will sell in easily.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, but I'm not willing to take any less for my car. At 17 they will still make a few grand and it will sell in easily.
We are in a very weird time right now, so "normal" rules don't really apply. Some dealers might do deals they normally wouldn't just to move some stock. Others might be in more of a "wait it out" mode. All I know is that things are really weird right now. We are definitely living history. The year 2020 will be one we will be able to tell our grandkids about for sure.

OP
OP

Doublestack00

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Occupation
IT
Yeah, I may wait it out as well. It's more of a want than a need.

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT Blue
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
Not a fan of the miles on the white, the blue is what I would opt for and try to be at around 27-28K OTD, especially since its a prior model year and about to depreciate again.

Where I am I couldn't find crap for 2019's and the few I did where maybe 1k cheaper then my 2020, the only bonus would have been the 84month 0/0 deal for me.

Also I am shocked how around me I couldnt get a locking diff at the 450 option price, to get one I had to order, or get an FX4 package, even though says you can option it for $450, apparently the stock trucks dealers ordered/received apparently didn't come that way!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to find the best deal possible. These three seem to be really good.

White Lariat

Blue Lariat

Red Lariat

I really don't need a Lariat but the two options I want the most can't be had with out opting for it so trying to see if I can find a deal on one.
Hey, Brian, if it were me buying the Lariat all over again, and I had only these three to choose from, I would definitely not want to go without the 10-speaker B&0 music, remote starting, and the technology package, which gives you the built-in navigation. True, as some owners point out, you can run the various navigation systems available on our cell-phones, but that is not always feasible or convenient, and it is nice to have the built-in navigation available. There are threads with pros and cons for the B&O sound, and this is pretty much a matter of opinion (the younger drivers seem to think it needs more bottom, for example), but I think it sounds great as is and would not want to be without mine. Remote start sounds like a luxury, in the sense of not really needed, which is probably true, but on a cold day it is great to have the truck running the heat before you get in--and the same is true in reverse in the summer. So, in sum, you can't go wrong on the three trucks you have put up here, and, given the pandemic, there will probably never be a better time to buy a truck, but, again, if it were me all over again, I would not want to be without these three features....
Sponsored