Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
without a doubt, if you put on this hood scoop, you have to complete the ensemble with these equally distasteful stick-ons....

1603109495450.png
1603109633902.png
I'd have to stop with just a hood scoop, those plastic appliques make it look like a wanna be Avalanche and those things are ugly
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Reviving this old post since many more scoops have come out and I think some are worth a look

This is not my truck, but I like the looks of it...
s-l1600.jpg

Apparently they make these in different colors as well

https://www.ebay.com/itm/F-150-Scoop-Hood-Vent-Cover-Orange-Matte-Black-For-Ford-Ranger-Wildtrak-2019-20/401712584594?fits=Year:2019|Model:Ranger|Make:Ford&hash=item5d87ef9792:g:laYAAOSw0Tpcbn80
If you like it Rene' that's all that matters. Make that truck your own, and enjoy the ride.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Owner might have a vanity plate that readers "Pegger". hahaha
...with a chromed barbed wire license plate frame. Rangers already have fake fender vents, that's enough for me.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
lets be real....its a side vent that has a minimal pathway out for hot air

we are venting more hot air out from the undercarriage and the lower windscreen vents than anything appreciable coming from our side vents.
Class 8 tractor trucks' side vents are functional air intake for the engine...most other personal trucks are mimicking their big brother and use them for badging...

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
lets be real....its a side vent that has a minimal pathway out for hot air

we are venting more hot air out from the undercarriage and the lower windscreen vents than anything appreciable coming from our side vents.
Is it for hot air, did somebody write that?

There are seals along the back of the hood to keep the air in the engine compartment from exiting at the lower windshield, and the vents at the bottom of the windshield are not for venting engine compartment air.

My only point is they stamped a huge hole in the sheet metal adjacent to the vent. It does indeed "vent".

A lot of performance cars have vents to dissipate pressure from all the air coming into the engine compartment.

Last edited:

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I joined this forum looking to have maybe meet some friends, being these Rangers are new and back on the road. But just to read posts of people bashing guys and gals for whatever mods they done to there rides, is not my thing. I've always given anyone or anybody respect for what they've done to there vehicles. To each its own but I'm not gonna tell them that I don't like there truck for what they've done. Time to move on, have fun bashing each others truck.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I joined this forum looking to have maybe meet some friends, being these Rangers are new and back on the road. But just to read posts of people bashing guys and gals for whatever mods they done to there rides, is not my thing. I've always given anyone or anybody respect for what they've done to there vehicles. To each its own but I'm not gonna tell them that I don't like there truck for what they've done. Time to move on, have fun bashing each others truck.
I liked your black accents.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I’m sorry for that Glen. I think your Ranger looks great!. For me, at age 58, I don’t care if everyone likes what & how I do things. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Thank the Lord, we’re not all the same. How boring would life be if we all drove around in identical, bland trucks.:shock:

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’m sorry for that Glen. I think your Ranger looks great!. For me, at age 58, I don’t care if everyone likes what & how I do things. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Thank the Lord, we’re not all the same. How boring would life be if we all drove around in identical, bland trucks.:shock:
I appreciate that, its not a big thing. I get compliments all the time here at home. Just has never been my thing bashing people about what they're done to there rides. I love going to car shows and seeing things people have done to there rides. There great people and I always enjoy talking about what they've done, regardless if I like it or not. But I can tell you one thing I'm not going to tell them that. Its there thing

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
If you like it Rene' that's all that matters. Make that truck your own, and enjoy the ride.
Well said sir! Actually I realized that won't fit the US rangers anyway. The hood is different.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.