Think it's totalled?

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Living in Colo Springs I was at a stoplight and was rear ended, I was driving an old beat up Datsun, I get out of the car and so does the other driver to look at the damage, before I could say anything he asks "how much do you want so we don't have to report this" . I said $500, expecting him to counter at maybe half that as there wasn't that much damage, the guy says fine, pulls out a wad of bills and that was that, think I bought a round in the bar for my bball teamates later that evening.
Sponsored

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
While I agree with you Jesses there are some people that just can't drive for shit. Oh, the things I've seen.....:)

Doug, just glad your wife's OK. Hope the other driver is insured properly.
I hear you, I have been driving my RV all over the country, coast to coast for 15 years, all with a dashcam. I have a lot of clips saved of some really stupid stuff, one of these days I will do a 'Worst Of' video and post it to Y-tube.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I hear you, I have been driving my RV all over the country, coast to coast for 15 years, all with a dashcam. I have a lot of clips saved of some really stupid stuff, one of these days I will do a 'Worst Of' video and post it to Y-tube.
I watch those kinds of things from time to time when I get bored at work.
I've driven a tractor-trailer in my not-so-distant past, and like you, have "seen some things".

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
No, your truck looks like a truck should. Throw the front license in the back, pocket the ins. money and go merrily down the road.
You and my boss should hang out, he said the same thing.

I'll have to see when it's cleaned up. I think the Kia hit mostly at the valence, all the other damage appears to be from the license plate bracket.

I might pull the valence and skidplate, paint them black, and remount the plate.

We'll see.
Doesn't take snow, a couple drops of rain works almost as well.....

The gov will probably issue a full pardon and buy the perp a new vehicle while you may wind up incarcerated.

Also I assume you have contacted the Strong Arm, he could get you $$$$
I'm the worst at scamming people. I'm the dude who tells the checkout person they missed something. But maybe Mr Azar can give me some pointers!
I was born in St. Josephs Hospital in 1967, never really wanted to live anywhere else until recently. I try not to blame the transplants, but thats getting tougher every year. It used to be the Texans, and now everyone seems to be from California. I hunt in Montana every year, and tell my boss each time that there's a good chance I don't come back! Then I'll be that transplant that everyone bitches about.

We are finding ourselves in Wyoming quite bit these days. Vedauwoo, Medicine Bow, and the Satratoga/Encampment areas.
It's the curse of Chief Niwot.

I'm a transplant too. But I've been here over 20 years and the state has changed drastically.

In my defense, I'm from Kansas. The territorial border of Kansas once reached to the front range, Denver is named after Kansas Territorial Governer James Denver.

Plus I've got a couple of anchor babies. I can basically claim native. ;)

I love Wyoming, need to get up there more.
I got gently rear-ended at a stoplight in my previous Ranger once. Light had just turned green and it took me a split second to shift into gear and get moving. College kid who hit me said something similar to your guy: "I was expecting you to be faster off the line."

I had no damage, and so for the most part I didn't care about him tapping me, but him trying to blame me for it really ticked me off. Oh well, his car (plastic bumper) was damaged, mine wasn't (steel bumper). Exchanged insurance information but never ended up getting the insurance or the cops involved.
The goobernoggin thought things were gonna go the same way for him.

Had he not been a complete tool about, it might have.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Upon a closer look at the pic the perp might be related to the strong arm, so might be best to contact McDevitt or Sawoya (smart, compassionate) or Ramos.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
id love to see some of the videos! r5g should have a dash cam video thread. we could post the videos of stupid drivers or anything cool or interesting we happen to catch.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I was born in St. Josephs Hospital in 1967, never really wanted to live anywhere else until recently. I try not to blame the transplants, but thats getting tougher every year. It used to be the Texans, and now everyone seems to be from California. I hunt in Montana every year, and tell my boss each time that there's a good chance I don't come back! Then I'll be that transplant that everyone bitches about.

We are finding ourselves in Wyoming quite bit these days. Vedauwoo, Medicine Bow, and the Satratoga/Encampment areas.
We're going through the second invasion of the south here in North Carolina right now. Like you Andrew, I really don't mind anyone moving into my state, but I wish they wouldn't bring their bad habits with them. We've been to Montana several times, and love the beauty. I went as far as finding some acerage with a house in the middle, but the wife wouldn't budge. Said it got way to cold in the winter for the southern girl. :)

dano42

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
One advantage to living where there is no ice and snow-horrible enough drivers out here anyways. Watching those crash videos on youtube is pretty informative-it shows people doing a lot of the same stupid things, it kind of helps you to know what to look out for.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
One advantage to living where there is no ice and snow-horrible enough drivers out here anyways. Watching those crash videos on youtube is pretty informative-it shows people doing a lot of the same stupid things, it kind of helps you to know what to look out for.
Agreed.

I like the dash cam footage videos as well.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We're going through the second invasion of the south here in North Carolina right now. Like you Andrew, I really don't mind anyone moving into my state, but I wish they wouldn't bring their bad habits with them. We've been to Montana several times, and love the beauty. I went as far as finding some acerage with a house in the middle, but the wife wouldn't budge. Said it got way to cold in the winter for the southern girl. :)
Cold and daylight about 2 hrs less in the winter than southern sates, I'm waiting to see what population increase occurs in MT as a result of the Yellowstone TV series, but like most western states the populations have seen dramatic increases - the exception I believe is Wyoming.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Cold and daylight about 2 hrs less in the winter than southern sates, I'm waiting to see what population increase occurs in MT as a result of the Yellowstone TV series, but like most western states the populations have seen dramatic increases - the exception I believe is Wyoming.
Shhhhhh

Let's try to keep it as much of a secret as we can.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I’m a strong believer in karma. Not to long from now we will be seeing a news report of a goobernoggin aka asshat driving with bald tires going off the side of a mountain ridge and down the gulch 300 feet and landing upside down. Because of winter weather we won’t be able to retrieve the driver and wreck until Spring thaw.

Allstate has contacted the family inquiring if they can make a commercial using Mayhem out of the “incident”

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Shhhhhh

Let's try to keep it as much of a secret as we can.
JACKSON HOLE, JACKSON HOLE... GRAND TETONS, GRAND TETONS....POWDER SKIING, POWDER SKIING.

best,
Phil

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I’m a strong believer in karma. Not to long from now we will be seeing a news report of a goobernoggin aka asshat driving with bald tires going off the side of a mountain ridge and down the gulch 300 feet and landing upside down. Because of winter weather we won’t be able to retrieve the driver and wreck until Spring thaw.

Allstate has contacted the family inquiring if they can make a commercial using Mayhem out of the “incident”
My flatlander friends that come out to visit usually comment about the lack of guardrails in the mountains.

They're shocked when I tell them they only put guardrails up if you can fall onto something below and hurt it, like a house or building.

Karma is king though, for sure.
Sponsored