Things I nerd out about

Superbuggy

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL STX 4X4
So I thought a cool key fob cover was in order. -liked the blue, got the blue. I’ve always liked the idea of a little light on my keys as a just in case, and I found a streamlight that fit the bill. Never mind that the light is tiny but has nearly 400 lumens-but it’s the same blue as my fob cover (yes that’s the important part ?) so anyway I thought I’d share all of this :)

04F1F112-9457-41E3-8B7F-5BFE2F0FB7FA.jpeg
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
So I thought a cool key fob cover was in order. -liked the blue, got the blue. I’ve always liked the idea of a little light on my keys as a just in case, and I found a streamlight that fit the bill. Never mind that the light is tiny but has nearly 400 lumens-but it’s the same blue as my fob cover (yes that’s the important part ?) so anyway I thought I’d share all of this :)

04F1F112-9457-41E3-8B7F-5BFE2F0FB7FA.jpeg
Does the cover help with the accidental pushing of the panic alarm?

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Hmm, just bending over with the fob in my pocket hits the damn button, might have to consider this.
I just straight up disabled the panic in Forscan. I don't even see any reason why you'd use it and I only ever set it off accidentally.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just straight up disabled the panic in Forscan. I don't even see any reason why you'd use it and I only ever set it off accidentally.
I disabled the horn too. Now I can use the panic feature to turn on the flashers when I'm checking trailer lights.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I guess an old person like me would use it a parking lot if I was getting attacked hoping it would attract attention to my dilemma.

please spare me the lecture about situational awareness and conceal carry.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I guess an old person like me would use it a parking lot if I was getting attacked hoping it would attract attention to my dilemma.

please spare me the lecture about situational awareness and conceal carry.
Makes sense.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Hmm, just bending over with the fob in my pocket hits the damn button, might have to consider this.
How tight are your pants?

Or how much stuff do you keep in you pockets?

Never had this happen and my fob lives in my pocket.

Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
Maybe when someone gets too close to your truck? Occasionally I've seen smokers around my truck, and I would occasionally find cig butts in my bed. Now they get the horn. My truck stands out on this rinky-dink little island, so it gets a lot of attention in our parking lot at work. One day, some guy was checking my truck out...and had his head in the wheel well above the tire, and the prankster in me wanted to hit that button soooooo bad...

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Maybe when someone gets too close to your truck? Occasionally I've seen smokers around my truck, and I would occasionally find cig butts in my bed. Now they get the horn. My truck stands out on this rinky-dink little island, so it gets a lot of attention in our parking lot at work. One day, some guy was checking my truck out...and had his head in the wheel well above the tire, and the prankster in me wanted to hit that button soooooo bad...
I would just tell em get the fuck away from my truck. Even a guy yelling HELP is going to get more attention than a car alarm going off these days.
Sponsored