First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
My wife wanted new wheels on her Escape and found another Ranger toy at the store. Of course, had to buy it.
PSX_20200924_165109.jpg
PSX_20200924_165142.jpg
20200924_210905.jpg
Man that thing needs a paint job saber

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
oldbike2.jpg

Me, in the mid 80's, summoning the spirit of David Hasselhoff with my mullet. I'm very much older now with much less hair and more beer gut but still young in spirit. The bike was an RZ350, the very last 2 stroke made for the street. Lightweight, liquid cooled and high power. Flexi-flyer chassis with a steering damper put on so it didn't throw me off! And this one was in a nice state of tune. I didn't have much tuning skills back then so I had others do the work, but I did have expansion chambers, flat slide smooth bore carbs, racing reeds and significant porting work. HP was wicked for a bike this small and light. These days, everyone gets their bike dyno tuned, but actual dyno work for bikes in the mid 80's was pretty rare.

2FASTRZ1.JPG

This little 350 was fun. Sounded like a swarm of bees followed by a blue cloud, and it would hunt 600 Ninjas and Hurricanes of the time and eat them for lunch, leaving them behind in a cloud wondering what the hell that thing was.

Now the part where I cry. I sold it a few years later so I could buy one of those fancy new 486 computers. :angry: :crazy:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
oldbike2.jpg

Me, in the mid 80's, summoning the spirit of David Hasselhoff with my mullet. I'm very much older now with much less hair and more beer gut but still young in spirit. The bike was an RZ350, the very last 2 stroke made for the street. Lightweight, liquid cooled and high power. Flexi-flyer chassis with a steering damper put on so it didn't throw me off! And this one was in a nice state of tune. I didn't have much tuning skills back then so I had others do the work, but I did have expansion chambers, flat slide smooth bore carbs, racing reeds and significant porting work. HP was wicked for a bike this small and light. These days, everyone gets their bike dyno tuned, but actual dyno work for bikes in the mid 80's was pretty rare.

2FASTRZ1.JPG

This little 350 was fun. Sounded like a swarm of bees followed by a blue cloud, and it would hunt 600 Ninjas and Hurricanes of the time and eat them for lunch, leaving them behind in a cloud wondering what the hell that thing was.

Now the part where I cry. I sold it a few years later so I could buy one of those fancy new 486 computers. :angry: :crazy:
That is some really cool bikes and story you have there Zaph :sunglasses:

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
oldbike2.jpg

2FASTRZ1.JPG

Wow Zaph , cool as hell !! You didnt see many of these , shame it was sold for a computer. I had several Rd 350 and 400 in late 70's and early eighties. DG pipes and radial heads , boysen reeds, smooth bores and lightened crank and flywheel. Custom clamp on bars and rear sets. The 350 was fast and made easy targets of Harleys at the bars on friday and saturday nights. (Im not a Harley hater as I have a 1950 panhead). The rd 350 I had in 1979 got me 11 points on my license in 1 year so I parked in the garage and used my 78 GS750 Suzuki to stay out of trouble. I wish I had that RZ. Bret

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Wow Zaph , cool as hell !! You didnt see many of these , shame it was sold for a computer. I had several Rd 350 and 400 in late 70's and early eighties. DG pipes and radial heads , boysen reeds, smooth bores and lightened crank and flywheel. Custom clamp on bars and rear sets. The 350 was fast and made easy targets of Harleys at the bars on friday and saturday nights. (Im not a Harley hater as I have a 1950 panhead). The rd 350 I had in 1979 got me 11 points on my license in 1 year so I parked in the garage and used my 78 GS750 Suzuki to stay out of trouble. I wish I had that RZ. Bret
My friend had an RD400 in the late '70s, tuned by Gary Nixon. World's narrowest power band , but you had to be ready when it hit. That bike was insane! I only rode it a few times and it scared the hell out of me every time.
20200519_122454.jpg

And since it's supposed to be a picture thread:

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
So I was in the RS today instead of the Ranger, but I had to take this picture. It was a full double rainbow and quite vivid color.

RS rainbow.jpg
Sponsored