port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it's so hard isn't it. haha

In the meantime, here, winter has finally come home for a bit. Finally near normal temps this week, and then it'll warm up again to above normal into the 20s this weekend.
1611612601145.png
Hi Matt,

Nope....not cold enough...we had to test at -40° in Bemidji at our test facility, but temps were too high late in my career and we had to move up to Moose Jaw in Canada... Changing a distributor outside at -40° is certainly and experience...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Don't forget about the skeeters biting at your ankles and the no-see-ums getting in your eyes. Paradise isn't free. Otherwise there'd be too many people there and ruin what makes it special. haha Gotta have a way to weed out the weak and unworthy. haha
I'm usually standing in the running water so there's not too many mosquitos flying around. Now, getting to the water is a different story. ?

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Ah... Happiness is a bunch of black flies in your ear while the deer flies circle your head.
After growing up and living along the Texas Gulf Coast for most of my life I have 3 things about Colorado spring/summer that I LOVE....1) No Bugs 2) No Bugs 3) No Bugs..... :clap:
#4 would be "almost no humidity"
So there are bugs here....but in the mountains where the moose hang out in swampy areas....go figure.
There are places I have fished along the Texas Coast where the mosquito's will carry you off if your not tethered to something....:LOL:
And the gnats during October bow season in Central Texas are evil....:explode:

and here we have.....300 days of sunshine :sunglasses:
just 45 minutes south of Cheyenne....

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
and here we have.....300 days of sunshine :sunglasses:
just 45 minutes south of Cheyenne....
I just heard about this on the radio the other day. Lucky me gets between 65-75 sunny days a year and only 170-180 days where the sun shows up at all.

I was not joking when I said Michigan grey should be a crayola color. :crying:

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Don't forget about the skeeters biting at your ankles and the no-see-ums getting in your eyes. Paradise isn't free. Otherwise there'd be too many people there and ruin what makes it special. haha Gotta have a way to weed out the weak and unworthy. haha
The skeeters were so bad back east you could not sit outside unless it was screened in. Even worse was cutting the grass on a hot and muggy summer afternoon and taking a breath and inhaling a noseeum. :puke: But that's the price I paid there for privacy as I built my house in the woods in the middle of 3 acres.

Here there are very few skeeters, we only see them if we get a rainy winter. It's nice to be able to sit outside and not get eaten alive. Of course there's the scorpions but in the 8 years I've been out here I've never seen or stepped on one yet.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I just heard about this on the radio the other day. Lucky me gets between 65-75 sunny days a year and only 170-180 days where the sun shows up at all.

I was not joking when I said Michigan grey should be a crayola color. :crying:
As semi-tropical as it is....Where I grew up in Houston only gets 204 sunshine days/yr...Must be that 48" average rainfall that does that....lol.
At least your not in the UP ;)

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
As semi-tropical as it is....Where I grew up in Houston only gets 204 sunshine days/yr...Must be that 48" average rainfall that does that....lol.
At least your not in the UP ;)
I would take the two days less of sun they get in the UP instead of being around all this pavement. It's bad enough that the sky is grey, let alone the ground.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I would take the two days less of sun they get in the UP instead of being around all this pavement. It's bad enough that the sky is grey, let alone the ground.
All I know is they get A LOT of snow up there. Friend on mine from the UP I worked with in Texas for 10 years told me his family had a entrance door on the second floor due to the amount of snow they had to deal with....?
Way too much for this Texas guy...lol

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
University I went to in the UP (Michigan Tech) definitely had an exit door on the second floor of some of the buildings for when the snow piled up so much. Nowadays they're pretty good with snow removal, so the doors aren't used as much anymore. But they're there.

I also remember driving down the driveway with the snow piled up over the roof of the SUV on either side growing up. Definitely a lot of snow. And I miss it very much. haha
Ahhh, Michigan Tech, where the men are men and the women are too!
Sponsored