First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Fortunately I didn’t have to do that for mine. Word of advice, definitely recommend lifting the truck up, because if you don’t, it’ll be a pain in the ass to maneuver the OEM exhaust out from under it. I made it work, but it became a two person job. Other than that, super easy and self explanatory.
Thank you, good to hear. Still trying to decide between the AWE and the MBRP. AWE COST $800 and MBRP $510. But sound is most important.
Brian
Sponsored

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Occupation
Marketing - AWE
I’m not looking to spend $800 and have challenges during the installation.
This is a really easy install compared to a lot of things that we might undertake as DIYers. That being said, I would recommend a minute of your time with a green scotchbrite pad on the end of the stock front pipe to clean any oxidization off whether you choose our system or not.

Check out our detailed installation instructions as well for other hot tips.

AWE systems have a Lifetime Warranty and fitment guarantee.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
This is a really easy install compared to a lot of things that we might undertake as DIYers. That being said, I would recommend a minute of your time with a green scotchbrite pad on the end of the stock front pipe to clean any oxidization off whether you choose our system or not.

Check out our detailed installation instructions as well for other hot tips.

AWE systems have a Lifetime Warranty and fitment guarantee.
Thank you Dave. I am waiting a few weeks to make my decision. I would like to hear some more sound clips and also see if someone is offering the AWE at a little less than $799. The MBRP pro series is made of 304 stainless and carries a lifetime warrant and I found it for $510. The sound clips for the MBRP sounds slightly quieter and has just a single outlet not the dual one you have.
Brian

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Occupation
Marketing - AWE
Thank you Dave. I am waiting a few weeks to make my decision.
Brian
Lot’s of solid options on the market for the Rangers, which is great! Check out the vids on our product page if you haven’t seen them. Good luck with your decision and I’m here if you need any more info.

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Thank you Dave. I am waiting a few weeks to make my decision. I would like to hear some more sound clips and also see if someone is offering the AWE at a little less than $799. The MBRP pro series is made of 304 stainless and carries a lifetime warrant and I found it for $510. The sound clips for the MBRP sounds slightly quieter and has just a single outlet not the dual one you have.
Brian
It ain’t much, but Stage3 has a sale on them on Memorial Day for like $719 I believe. If you’re patient enough, I’m sure one of the retailers will have them on sale.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
It ain’t much, but Stage3 has a sale on them on Memorial Day for like $719 I believe. If you’re patient enough, I’m sure one of the retailers will have them on sale.
$80 is better than nothing. How happy are you with the sound and how long have you had it on your Ranger?
Brian

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Have had the AWE system now since March and am thoroughly pleased with how it has matured. Sound clips honestly do not do it justice especially when getting on the gas. With the obvious challenge of making a 4 sound good, this is about as throaty as it can be and does seem deeper than a Focus or similar. Still lovin it!

Write up on my experience is here: Scottopia’s AWE experience

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
$80 is better than nothing. How happy are you with the sound and how long have you had it on your Ranger?
Brian
I’m definitely on the same boat as @Scottopia in regards to his review. It grows on me more everyday - not obnoxiously loud, doesn’t sound like a (fart in a can), and doesn’t drone at all. I don’t regret the purchase one bit, and the folks at AWE got it right.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
I’m definitely on the same boat as @Scottopia in regards to his review. It grows on me more everyday - not obnoxiously loud, doesn’t sound like a (fart in a can), and doesn’t drone at all. I don’t regret the purchase one bit, and the folks at AWE got it right.
Thank you. Nothing better than having input from actual customers. You all have me leaning towards AWE. Have to see what my buddy can get me one for through his parts supplier.

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport SuperCab (301a), 2017 Ford Fusion Sport (401a + Driver's Assist), 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, 1988 Merkur Scorpio
Occupation
Account Manager
I finally went ahead and did it. I got my AWE 0FG exhaust w/ the diamond black tips. Overall, it was an easy buying experience with a quick turnaround.

The install itself took under 30 min, no cutting or welding, but the clamps provided weren't all that great. We had to make a couple of spacers to get the tips and outlet tube to tighten down enough.

As far as the sound, let me once again remind everyone: The Ranger uses a 2.3L Turbocharged 4 Cylinder. If you are looking for a deep rumble or growl like you would out of a V8, go buy a 5.0 F150 and stop complaining that it sounds like a 4 banger, bc, guess what: it's a 4 banger.

That being said, this exhaust has so far been the best of both worlds. It's plenty quiet under 2500rpm for cruising and daily commuting, but has a nice Focus RS-ish burble on the cold starts and heavy throttle. It sounds great through the higher revs, but has no noticeable drone.

It looks fantastic, far better than the stock tip, especially with the diamond black tips on a Ranger with the Sport appearance package. I'll get sound clips later, but just wanted to say: 100% recommend for any Ranger owner. Just be sure to use an impact on the clamps and don't expect any engine sound other than that of a turbo-4.

IMG_9769.jpg

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Looks good, I am debating on the chrome or black tips as I have the sport appearance package as well. I just wonder what the salt they apply to our roads in the winter will do to the black. I have previously had the polished SS tips that clean up nice with windex and steel wool.
Brian

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I have the Borla-made system from Ford Performance. It took me less than an hour to put on. All I used was a low slung creeper, and the requisite wrenches. Muffler has siamesed, dual outlet pipes, but assembled as a unit.

Instructions say to remove rear bracket, but is is much easier, and less time consuming, to remove the muffler hanger instead.

Shomare

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
That sounds an awful lot like the exhaust on my Focus RS.

Also, MBRP use to make great exhaust but a lot of Focus owners lost faith in systems that rusted and seemed to be of low quality. Lost my trust and until I hear otherwise, I don't know that I'd consider one.

rangerdanger19

First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport SuperCab (301a), 2017 Ford Fusion Sport (401a + Driver's Assist), 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, 1988 Merkur Scorpio
Occupation
Account Manager
Finally got some sound clips!