The new AWE exhaust system!!!!

Mark P

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat
So I’ll be getting my new AWE cat back exhaust soon. I really can’t wait. Sounds great on video and the quality and technology that went into these is pretty extensive....we have a tough vehicle to make an exhaust for because really it hard not to make them sound like a focus....will be posting sound clips and doing a full write up soon....stay tuned!

and just a side note the give you an extension that replacesyour nice tips with a cutoff to protect the end of your exhaust and it also looks sweet! These guys think of everything!

5DA7155B-72DA-4914-B94B-CACACB6824D5.png
Sponsored

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Looking forward to hearing what you think.
I am leaning towards the MBRP Pro series cat back System. Had one of their systems on my 2018 Fosus ST and was very happy with it.
Brian

OP
OP
Mark P

Mark P

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat
Looking forward to hearing what you think.
I am leaning towards the MBRP Pro series cat back System. Had one of their systems on my 2018 Fosus ST and was very happy with it.
Brian
To be honest, awe put tons of extra time in to this exhaust and when you see and compare quality it shows, at the end of the day the only thing you’re actually paying for is a muffler, the rest I can make. But they put tons of money into the tech of their muffler and well...I can’t find a better sound. Every single other ranger I hear just sounds like a focus to me and if I drove a focus that’d be cool but we don’t.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
To be honest, awe put tons of extra time in to this exhaust and when you see and compare quality it shows, at the end of the day the only thing you’re actually paying for is a muffler, the rest I can make. But they put tons of money into the tech of their muffler and well...I can’t find a better sound. Every single other ranger I hear just sounds like a focus to me and if I drove a focus that’d be cool but we don’t.

I think any exhaust you put on a 4-cylinder Ranger is going to sound like a 4-cylinder Focus. Maybe a little deeper but overall the same tune/sound. My 2 cents.

OP
OP
Mark P

Mark P

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat
I think any exhaust you put on a 4-cylinder Ranger is going to sound like a 4-cylinder Focus. Maybe a little deeper but overall the same tune/sound. My 2 cents.
Not true man. There’s a reason I didn’t put an exhaust on till now....they all sound yuck to me. Wait for sound clips

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Not true man. There’s a reason I didn’t put an exhaust on till now....they all sound yuck to me. Wait for sound clips
Check YouTube.. there‘s a few sound clips there already. It’s sounds ok, just maybe a tad deeper but still Just ok IMHO. I like my truck quiet now a days after years of Magnflow duals on my F150.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I've heard the sound clips on the AWE website.....sounds like a any 4-cyl car or truck to me....maybe a little deeper in tone. Buy hey, to each their own! I hope you enjoy it! It's your truck!

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Occupation
Marketing - AWE
I always say "we do the best we absolutely can given the challenges we are faced with". This holds true from the Ranger system, to the new C8 Corvette system. The same engineers working on our McLaren systems that worked on the Ranger system. Same level of care and attention to detail. Plus, we have a lifetime warranty and we make our exhausts in the USA (Pennsylvania) using T304L stainless that provides additional anti-corrosion benefits over standard T304, especially at the welds.

Ford gave us a big challenge putting a 2.3L Turbo 4 into these trucks, and many feel we've been successful in bringing out the best tones this engine has to offer. Looking forward to your thoughts @Mark P .

OP
OP
Mark P

Mark P

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat
I always say "we do the best we absolutely can given the challenges we are faced with". This holds true from the Ranger system, to the new C8 Corvette system. The same engineers working on our McLaren systems that worked on the Ranger system. Same level of care and attention to detail. Plus, we have a lifetime warranty and we make our exhausts in the USA (Pennsylvania) using T304L stainless that provides additional anti-corrosion benefits over standard T304, especially at the welds.

Ford gave us a big challenge putting a 2.3L Turbo 4 into these trucks, and many feel we've been successful in bringing out the best tones this engine has to offer. Looking forward to your thoughts @Mark P .
in all honestly I come from the vw/Audi world and I’ve always loved the awe systems. From thinking they were all the same to actually hearing them to compare I was sold, so when heard awe was releasing the exhaust I knew which one I was going to get.

Can’t wait to Hear it on my rig. And honestly I just love the fact that there are two tips to choose from. I wheel hard and don’t want to mess up those sweet black tips.

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
I had a CNT racing ( i think... the name is slipping me now lol) Cat back on my Focus and for the price/quality it was very hard to beat especially after putting a catted downpipe on it. That being said the exhaust on the Focus compared to the Ranger sound NOTHING a like other than you can tell they are both 4 bangers. Currently I have the MBRP with a catless downpipe on my Ranger and love it. It's pretty tame when you're putting around but will litterally make someone piss their pants if they aren't ex[ecting it when I mash the gas. ITS LOUD lol. Curious what the AWE would sound like with a catless downpipe. I've always like their stuff but its always been on the way pricey end of the spectrum for me.

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Occupation
Marketing - AWE
Curious what the AWE would sound like with a catless downpipe.
I would be really interested to hear that. I know from the other cars we do systems for it would likely be quite a bit louder, but our 180 Technology® resonator holds up well in reducing drone even with the added frequencies that come from removing the cat.

Upside to the Ranger is the exhaust is long and the cabin is relatively small. a Hatchback on the other hand is the absolute hardest interior space when it comes to controlling drone.

I'm really stoked there are so many options for Ranger owners and happy to be part of the market!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark P

Mark P

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat
@Dave/AWE thanks for tracking down my shipment! I can verify that the AWE exhaust is amazing. It’s hard not to mash on the pedal because it sounds real good.
That’s what I like to hear...truth is the awe stuff is always of the highest quality and I expect nothing but the best and can not wait to get mine on.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Looking forward to hearing how the install goes. Stage 3 has a YouTube post and they had to spread the 1st piece of the AWE exhaust so it would slide over the OEM exhaust.
Hope yours goes on better. I’m not looking to spend $800 and have challenges during the installation. Also would love to hear what it sounds like.
Brian

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Looking forward to hearing how the install goes. Stage 3 has a YouTube post and they had to spread the 1st piece of the AWE exhaust so it would slide over the OEM exhaust.
Hope yours goes on better. I’m not looking to spend $800 and have challenges during the installation. Also would love to hear what it sounds like.
Brian
Fortunately I didn’t have to do that for mine. Word of advice, definitely recommend lifting the truck up, because if you don’t, it’ll be a pain in the ass to maneuver the OEM exhaust out from under it. I made it work, but it became a two person job. Other than that, super easy and self explanatory.
Sponsored