OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Yes, it comes on when you are missing a 10mm wrench or socket.
But if that was the case, it would stay lit for ever.
FIXED!!!
I found my 10mm and the wrench icon light went off! :clap:

1679672055322.png

Instrument panel.jpg

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Still looking for mine, & my battery for my BRZ(8yrs) is dead, I need to
change it, boy am I f%$'ed.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Scary....something must be in air! I was posting earlier on the transmission thread.....went out to my daily driver Hyundai Kona Ultimate.....low and behold she does nothing when shifted into Reverse.
Drive seems fine but Reverse is no bueno....I have a service appt for Friday morning..... :explode:

Glad I have extended warranties on both my vehicles.....
All this talk of engine and transmission problems is bad juju!!!
Hi Mark,

What is going on??...my Nautilus handed me a box full of neutrals in the round about a half mile from the house. Then bang it found a gear. Never had that happen before... Weird....

Best,
Phil

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mark,

What is going on??...my Nautilus handed me a box full of neutrals in the round about a half mile from the house. Then bang it found a gear. Never had that happen before... Weird....

Best,
Phil
Hey Phil,

I'm intrigued to say the least. All this tranny talk and then here we go with the black cloud. My Kona transmission is gone at 91,500. The wonderful thing about Hyundai is that 10/100K warranty. The dealer will be installing a completely new factory transmission this next week so I am very pro Hyundai right now, especially with my 100+ mile a day commute. The mileage really piles up quickly and not having to worry about repairs for a good stretch is great! I'm actually looking at trading the Kona after the tranny install and starting over with another vehicle/warranty. I'm at break even on the financing so it's just down to the vehicle at this point. I'm seriously considering a Hyundai Santa Cruz just because of the warranty and the similarity to the Maverick (car/truck). I drove one yesterday with the 2.5L turbo and it's not a bad ride at all. Very smooth with a pretty refined interior. I am also considering the Maverick. I'm looking at an XLT and a Lariat available locally. The Mrs really likes the Santa Cruz over the Maverick in looks and the Santa Cruz has a very nice bed cover/storage system unlike the Maverick. Anyway, we will see what pans out with the deals I can make over the next couple of weeks with both of these vehicles.....
BTW....I'm not towing anything other than a tear drop so that does not come into play with my choice.

Hope your Nautilus is OK.......

Mark

Reactions: R_B

usbjbma

First Name
B.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Real Estate
I just got off the phone with Sanderson Ford and they could get me in as early as Monday. I made it for Wednesday because I have some stuff going on before that. I'm not to worried about it now that I drove it all the way back home without any issues but we are going on another road trip in June so better to get it checked out and be safe than sorry.

Thanks everyone for your replies!!!
Hi there, was this ever resolved? If so, what did the dealership discover?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi there, was this ever resolved? If so, what did the dealership discover?
Kind of. My Ranger was in an accident and was totaled so I guess you could say it was resolved. lol

It only happened one time and I drove it about 2 weeks or so before the accident and it never came on again.

usbjbma

First Name
B.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Real Estate
Kind of. My Ranger was in an accident and was totaled so I guess you could say it was resolved. lol

It only happened one time and I drove it about 2 weeks or so before the accident and it never came on again.
Oh wow, total bummer! Mine goes off periodically, has never entered limp mode, and drives as if the light was off. When the engine is turned off it resets and may not show up for several days. Drove all the way from Atlanta to Orange Beach, AL w/o it illuminating. Autozone scanner didn't populate a code and then a week or two after that a Ford dealership did a full scan for something else unrelated and nothing popped up. Pretty weird, probably some dumb sensor.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh wow, total bummer! Mine goes off periodically, has never entered limp mode, and drives as if the light was off. When the engine is turned off it resets and may not show up for several days. Drove all the way from Atlanta to Orange Beach, AL w/o it illuminating. Autozone scanner didn't populate a code and then a week or two after that a Ford dealership did a full scan for something else unrelated and nothing popped up. Pretty weird, probably some dumb sensor.
You're lucky. It sounds like yours could be just a glitch if there's no codes.

Yeah I had it scheduled to go to the dealer on Thursday and got hit Tuesday morning going to work. Luckily it all worked out in the end for the best as I got a new Tremor out of it. Plus now I don't have to worry about the defective HVAC box either. lol

usbjbma

First Name
B.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Real Estate
You're lucky. It sounds like yours could be just a glitch if there's no codes.

Yeah I had it scheduled to go to the dealer on Thursday and got hit Tuesday morning going to work. Luckily it all worked out in the end for the best as I got a new Tremor out of it. Plus now I don't have to worry about the defective HVAC box either. lol
Good deal

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I don’t use my fordpass app much. Well logged in today and saw I had the same message from back in April. Deffinately do not remember anything weird going on with the truck and its been in for service since then? Hmmmm.

IMG_8581.png

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Well this is even weirder. That code popped up during my last service appointment when I had them reset the transmission adaptive learning?

IMG_8582.png
Sponsored