Thank goodness for steel bumpers

mtorruiso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT sport, 2018 Ford Escape, 2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Tracker Targa V18
Occupation
Manager/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I was headed to camp on Thursday night. Probably driving a little too fast cause I was anxious to get there after a long day work when a deer run out right in front of me. Nothing I could do except brace for impact. After the resounding "thud" from the impact with the deer I thought for sure my Ranger would be totaled, because just last year my sister totaled her Lexus SUV after hitting a deer. After composing myself I got out of the truck to inspect the damage. I was shocked to find minimal damage after a collision going 70 mph with the deer. Its still drivable with only cosmetic damage.
bumper.jpg
bumper2.jpg
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I was headed to camp on Thursday night. Probably driving a little too fast cause I was anxious to get there after a long day work when a deer run out right in front of me. Nothing I could do except brace for impact. After the resounding "thud" from the impact with the deer I thought for sure my Ranger would be totaled, because just last year my sister totaled her Lexus SUV after hitting a deer. After composing myself I got out of the truck to inspect the damage. I was shocked to find minimal damage after a collision going 70 mph with the deer. Its still drivable with only cosmetic damage.
bumper.jpg
bumper2.jpg
I smoked a deer this summer with mine. Was able to drive it home. The bumper definitely helped me. Yours looks better than mine did.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX

OP
OP
mtorruiso

mtorruiso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT sport, 2018 Ford Escape, 2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Tracker Targa V18
Occupation
Manager/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did... did the dear shit on your truck on his way out of this world?
Yes! Yes it did. i didnt want to clean it until i got the quote to get it fixed.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Yes! Yes it did. i didnt want to clean it until i got the quote to get it fixed.
Same. I took pics and left all the goober on for the adjuster.