Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Hi Phil,

Great information there. I will definitely look into shimming the bearing and see if it makes any difference. How thick of a shim are you suggesting? I can get some old starter shims or something along those lines to use since they come in specific thicknesses. I'm also going to get a band clamping tool so I can also test re-clocking the shaft by 90 degrees as the Rough Country instructions state if shimming the bearing doesn't improve the shudder.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil,

Great information there. I will definitely look into shimming the bearing and see if it makes any difference. How thick of a shim are you suggesting? I can get some old starter shims or something along those lines to use since they come in specific thicknesses. I'm also going to get a band clamping tool so I can also test re-clocking the shaft by 90 degrees as the Rough Country instructions state if shimming the bearing doesn't improve the shudder.
Hi PH,

I would suggest 1/8 " and try doubling to see if ÂĽ" makes a change. Idea is to preload the rubber, not so much to lower the shaft, so the shims only touch the rubber, not span the attachment bolts...
Make Sense?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Hi PH,

I would suggest 1/8 " and try doubling to see if ÂĽ" makes a change. Idea is to preload the rubber, not so much to lower the shaft, so the shims only touch the rubber, not span the attachment bolts...
Make Sense?

Yes sir it does. I'll see if I can find some 1/8" plate that I can cut to fit this weekend and try it out to see what if any difference it makes. Thanks for the information it is much appreciated. :thumbsup:

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
This was a post on the "Ford Authority" website.
New comment on Ford Authority
blavatar.png

bc4c7a8d94bd3cfaa68da8d9fc2e7?s=60&d=identicon&r=G.png
Bill from AUS commented on 2019 Ford Ranger Owners Complain Of Low-Speed Vibration.
in response to motrolix:
Are any 2019 Ranger owners feeling this low rpm vibration?
G’day from Australia,
ALL Rangers have this fault, some are worse than others. The cause, the tailshaft. Ford decided to use only three universal joints, so when you accelerate from a stop and the rear axle torques around the springs, the tailshaft and universal joints get out of alignment causing the vibration. Your US market Rangers have a different rear spring design to ours, which probably makes the issue worse. Ours have done them from day 1 when the PX series was released.

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Sounds like an old school set of traction bars would possibly be worth trying?
Sponsored