JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I just walked out and took this picture of the grill. I really like the flat black lettering versus the bare chrome indented letters.

RangerGrillLettering.jpg
That's perfect. I like the contrast.
Sponsored

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I am normally a purist. I keep things stock and well maintained. However, the look of the letter inserts is overriding my no modification roots. I’m in. Is there a brand which is best? Is there a way to seal the letters on so they don’t fade or peel? I’m getting a Oxford White Lariat 4x2 without the chrome package. I am not a fan of the decals on the side of the bed. I’m thinking gloss black lettering would add a subtle clean looking bit of pop to the tailgate.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I am normally a purist. I keep things stock and well maintained. However, the look of the letter inserts is overriding my no modification roots. I’m in. Is there a brand which is best? Is there a way to seal the letters on so they don’t fade or peel? I’m getting a Oxford White Lariat 4x2 without the chrome package. I am not a fan of the decals on the side of the bed. I’m thinking gloss black lettering would add a subtle clean looking bit of pop to the tailgate.
If you like the vinyl lettering look, the TVD Decals are excellent and will stay looking great for several years. No need for a sealing them. And if after several years you want to renew them they'll be easy to remove and replace.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going with TVD.
Great quick customer service with answering email questions.
Trying to decide with matte or gloss black for tailgate and dash letters. I'm leaning toward gloss black on my silver but...

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I'm with you on keeping things stock. But I also agree with you that the inserts would complete the look. My Ranger just finished production yesterday and is awaiting shipment. When it gets here (supposedly in two weeks), I'll decide what to do. PS: Just checked 'tracking' and see that it's actually "in transit".

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Pulled the trigger on these today. Went with the matte black grill and tail gate letters. Should have no problem beating my truck, unfortunately.

OP
OP

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
Looks great! Like the hood stripe on that color. I started pin striping mine last night in the garage. Just got the tailgate striping done. Want daylight to do the striping down the sides. I did add the flat black letting to the Ranger indents on my chrome grill. I have light gray/silver metallic letters for my tailgate.
I’d like to see your pinstripes when done. I’ve thought about doing it but unsure where in the plain sides to do it.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I’d like to see your pinstripes when done. I’ve thought about doing it but unsure where in the plain sides to do it.
Walked outside and took a couple of shots. I didn't get my Ford ovals on perfect for me...lol! Have some more coming in the mail. Added the tailgate letter inserts after work yesterday.

RangerPinstripeSide.jpg

RangerTailgateLettering.jpg

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered the matte black for tailgate and grill. Also, gloss black for dash.

RANGER5G10 code gets you 10% off

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I also just put in an order with TVD. Matte black tailgate and dash.

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
My Ranger is coming in shadow black, wondering if the matte black lettering will look good on the glossy black/clearcoat. I like the black on black look and the more I see other Rangers the more I wish I had gone with the Sport package, but I like the body color bumper more than the two-tone look. I do wish I had the magnetic grille for the completely blacked-out look. I might have to Plastidip it, a lot cheaper than buying a new grille.

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
My Ranger is coming in shadow black, wondering if the matte black lettering will look good on the glossy black/clearcoat. I like the black on black look and the more I see other Rangers the more I wish I had gone with the Sport package, but I like the body color bumper more than the two-tone look. I do wish I had the magnetic grille for the completely blacked-out look. I might have to Plastidip it, a lot cheaper than buying a new grille.
I bought mine through Ford Parts. They have almost a mirror finish and would look great with a black truck. I have the sport package with the Saber color. I like the fact that these are three dementional and not a flat decal. Easy to put on as well.

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
I bought mine through Ford Parts. They have almost a mirror finish and would look great with a black truck. I have the sport package with the Saber color. I like the fact that these are three dementional and not a flat decal. Easy to put on as well.

OP
OP

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
Walked outside and took a couple of shots. I didn't get my Ford ovals on perfect for me...lol! Have some more coming in the mail. Added the tailgate letter inserts after work yesterday.

RangerPinstripeSide.jpg

RangerTailgateLettering.jpg
You did a nice job. Assuming you won’t come and do mine, where did you buy the striping. Also, how far from the top edge did you lay the stripe? Lastly, is that a single stripe or a double?

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
You did a nice job. Assuming you won’t come and do mine, where did you buy the striping. Also, how far from the top edge did you lay the stripe? Lastly, is that a single stripe or a double?
The side striping kit with 3 different sizes of Ford ovals came from pinstripekits.com. They come in 3 different colors. I got the silver metallic ones. It is a double stripe on the sides. As far as the distance on the sides, I ran it along the body ridge (top edge of the ridge) and rapped it around the tailgate. Didn't want to run it all the way to the front. Just decided to stop over the side name plate and add the Ford Ovals there.

The rear tailgate lettering came from TVD decals. Both companies were great to deal with.

SideStripe.jpg
Sponsored