janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The problem with the dampner is it takes to long for the tailgate to lower! Need an adjustable one so you can set preload or damping. lol First World Problems.
Need one with a 3" lift
oh and that it is remote controlled and closes when I get in the truck
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Next you all will want to have some kind of lectric motors to power the windows up and down, and some kind of lectronic switch to lock the doors so you don't have to reach alllll the wayyyyy across to lock the doors.
What next....push button radios ???
Ya'll gettin soft.....man up and heft that tailgate down and up !!! :like:

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Next you all will want to have some kind of lectric motors to power the windows up and down, and some kind of lectronic switch to lock the doors so you don't have to reach alllll the wayyyyy across to lock the doors.
What next....push button radios ???
Ya'll gettin soft.....man up and heft that tailgate down and up !!! :like:
c7c07663497c2487d83955fd05883802_w200.gif

OP
OP
ParkRangerBen

ParkRangerBen

First Name
benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger XL, 2020 ford fusion se
Occupation
quality technician
Isn't that the whole point of the damper? For me, I don't really care about 3 seconds, but I guess I can understand why people don't lik
They’re just yanking your chain, Benjamin. Tailgate dampers have been a running joke around the forum for quite a while: some love them, some dislike them.:cool:
thanks for the support lol.

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
They’re just yanking your chain, Benjamin. Tailgate dampers have been a running joke around the forum for quite a while: some love them, some dislike them.:cool:
I don't like or dislike, I just find them worthless and a waste of money. This tailgate is sooo lite, a child would have no problem with it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't like or dislike, I just find them worthless and a waste of money. This tailgate is sooo lite, a child would have no problem with it.
It's has nothing to do with the weight it's the convenience when your hands are full and not letting it crash down. :)

Windows are easy to roll down by hand, a 6 yr old could do it but now they're powered. I have to laugh because I see many complaining about all 4 not being one touch then they say a damper is useless. First world problems. lol

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Hands full of crossbow, tree stand etc., just pop the handle and let go. Otherwise you have to keep your hand on it and guide it down slowly. With a bunch of crap in your hands in can be tricky to not let it slam. It can take a good 3 seconds or so to guide it down slowly. I guess if you don't use your truck bed much, it ain't worth it. I use mine a lot!

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
To take the place of lowering the tailgate since I got my dampener I stand back and watch it lower while flexing my muscles.
It was really the only exercise I was getting. :p

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I'm in my tailgate 5 times a week at least. The occasional time my hands are at that magic window which I am still able to manipulate the release, but so over-loaded I can't control the drop with the same hand, or forearm, I can let it drop.

The impact or wear damage of the occasional drop is nothing compared to an adult climbing up there, or my dog jumping up.

I could care less about who else has one, or why they have one. I do find it amusing that we can have 1000 pro-TGD posts without issue, but someone posts they like the truck without a TGD and they are labelled as party poopers.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
At that price I think I'll put one on both sides . I like it when they go down real sloooowww .

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I always see people adding stuff to their truck. wheels, tires, lift kits, racks etc....it all adds weight to the truck. weight requires power to move around, then we have to add a performance tune.
what is really happening is that the industry conspires against us to make us believe we all need to add add add.
Well let me tell you...

my Ranger is the fastest around...stock tune and 87 octane.....

wanna know why?

I removed everything. No doors. no glass, no fenders, or truck bed. only a drivers seat....
I kept the minimum for crash safety ratings including the crash bars and stock bumpers.
but everything else has gone.
Sure, i may have lost some aerodynamic efficiencies in doing so....but I'm not winning long distance endurance races. I'm stop light to stop light all day long baby....all finishing first!!!

no one can touch me, not even the soccer moms anymore.

Imagine how slow it would be if I stuck a damper back there?
Wrong vehicle again.

16190B1B-3CFF-42C5-8E37-1149BCD5CF84.gif

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I bought the DeeZee for my Ranger, because as my Dad always said "it only cost a little more to go first class". But honestly I had a knock off on my F-150 for the 7 years I owned it, and it never quit working.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Off topic but I remember when I was 10 or so I was the remote start for the car in the winter. LOL
You must of been really bad. lol I was lucky I was the remote for the black and white tv. My dad would yell from the basement, "boy come down here and turn those rabbit ears." :confused:

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I always see people adding stuff to their truck. wheels, tires, lift kits, racks etc....it all adds weight to the truck. weight requires power to move around, then we have to add a performance tune.
what is really happening is that the industry conspires against us to make us believe we all need to add add add.
Well let me tell you...

my Ranger is the fastest around...stock tune and 87 octane.....

wanna know why?

I removed everything. No doors. no glass, no fenders, or truck bed. only a drivers seat....
I kept the minimum for crash safety ratings including the crash bars and stock bumpers.
but everything else has gone.
Sure, i may have lost some aerodynamic efficiencies in doing so....but I'm not winning long distance endurance races. I'm stop light to stop light all day long baby....all finishing first!!!

no one can touch me, not even the soccer moms anymore.

Imagine how slow it would be if I stuck a damper back there?
My friend, I also run stock tune + 87 octane...and she carries an extra 1000 pounds everyday just in case we need to set up camp at Walmart...BUT because she also has THE Damper installed, we now benefit from it's great natural repulsive properties to other vehicles (and certain drivers)...no one can beat us off the line short of Tesla WITH Dampers installed... ? ?
Sponsored