Sync slow on startup, same for everybody?

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
The master reset seemed to help for a while, the new module also has seemed to help a little bit.
Adding the damper definitely helped, but it's still the slowest boot up audio system I have owned.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Wow! Have we become such instant gratification sociaty that we can't waIt a few seconds, seconds mind you not minutes, to change the channel on our sound system. Think of all the things it does when it powers up. It has to locate and establish communications with problably a half dozen satilites. Not always easy if your in a garage. Establish a bluetooth connection with your phone. As well as the connection to the networks in your truck. I know a few extra seconds is like an eternaty when you are waiting. Just like the people who complain that their transmission doesn’t shift into reverse the instant the truck is started. Give it time to build pressure in the system.

Get in the truck, start it. Take another sip of coffee, buckle your seat belt. Let the radio do it's thing. Then put it in gear and enjoy driving your Ranger.

If seconds at that important to you, you need to make some adjustments in your life.

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Easy tiger, from the angst in your post you sound irritated, but thank you for the opinion.
I myself stated;
Wow, I'm complaining about 35 seconds, gotta love it when you post something and you look at it later and think how stupid it sounds, Ugh.
And it was really a attempt to see if it was something other people have experienced, as other makes/models seem to operate differently.
I guess as far as adjustments go, I could really use one, I'm always wound up tight and ready for the green flag to drop.

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The tailgate would win and it's not that fast :facepalm:

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Mine's a bit slow to connect with Android Auto and get the nav screen up and all. That sortof makes sense, though. It's connecting to a 2nd computer (the phone), accessing the data connection and the phone's GPS, and doing all that stuff. Also depending on where I am, the phone might be switching over from a wifi network to the cellular data network (the driveway at my house being a notable spot where this occurs).

But the core inbuilt functions are pretty much instantaneous. I have an XLT without factory nav, and I don't use sat radio.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Easy tiger, from the angst in your post you sound irritated, but thank you for the opinion.
No angst involved, not aimed at anyone, just a general statement on sociaty today. We have gotten so into instant gratification even a few seconds seems like minutes to us. I'm not excluding myself from this, even though I'm retired. I grew up with radios and TVs that literally did take minutes for the tubes to warm up.

MathGod

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Platinum Lariat
Occupation
Educator
Ok

So I timed my startup today and it was 19 seconds

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ok

So I timed my startup today and it was 19 seconds
OMG that's way to long! What on earth did you do all that time you were waiting? ? ?

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RangerXLT CrewCab 4x4
At least it is not the windows blue screen of death. Or that stupid circle that goes on and on waiting for a program to load?. But this isn’t about Windows OS. Mine Sync probably is about 15 - 20 Odd seconds to start up. It really is a little computer so boot time isn’t that bad when you think about it. Do I miss a good old tape deck (not an 8 track - I am not that old?) that just starts to play the moment your car turns over. Yes I do. But I just finished a 9 hour highway drive and having a 13 hour mixed “tape” playing off my iPhone was the best! So I can live with a delayed start.

I digress though. For the OP. I wonder if it is simply XM trying to acquire a signal? bu not saying that is what it is doing. I know sometimes when I am driving and it is slow to change XM channels but screen doesn’t indicate a problem to me. Maybe the satellite antenna is kind of screwy (very scientific description I know). Just throwing out an idea- it’s all I got.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has slowed up lately. 2 days ago it froze up while I was trying to shuffle songs, then the screen went black for a few seconds and rebooted on it's own. Today after I finished sound deadening all doors (inner and outer skin) my auto up and auto down on my drivers window stopped working, I could operate the window just not the auto feature. Just when I was about to unhook the battery for a while it fixed itself. Sometimes my songs on my usb skip a bit. It was doing it on my f150 before I traded it so I bought a larger name brand usb and reloaded the songs, started doing it on this one too so I think.a sync update was the culprit

MathGod

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Platinum Lariat
Occupation
Educator
My iPhone connects first.
Then XM connects.
Finally the Navigation comes up on my Sync.