Sync 3 turns iPhone volume down every time!

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Guys I have searched on here and can’t seem to find anybody having the same issue. Every time Sync 3 (ver 3.4) pairs up with my iPhone XR it immediately turns my phones volume down. I’ve tried everything in the world and just got off a 35 minute phone call with Apple and can’t find a solution. anyone experienced this? I can always turn it back up with the side controls of the phone IF I remember to do it..
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Could it be tied to the auto volume control based on noise? you can turn that feature off from menu choices (settings on gauge panel I think it was) just uncheck it.

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have an iPhone 11 and never had that problem :/ I know on one of my previous phones (not iPhone) it would lower the volume because it thought I was using headphones. It was a safety feature in the phone and I turned it off

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well holy smokes don’t look now but thank you FOD that seems to have fixed it. I had to turn off the noise compensation system (turns the volume up slightly as the vehicle travels faster)in Sync. Mine has always been set to “medium” and now it’s off and it does not mess with my phones volume anymore. Hallajuh!

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well unfortunately this did not work. It’s like it worked for a few key cycles and then started turning the phones volume down again just like before. I guess it’s something with this iPhone XR,or whatever it is, or some little setting I just haven’t got just right.
Sponsored