Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Every time I start up the truck, it incorrectly assumes I want to listen to the radio. I turn the radio off manually, and then the next time I start up - it's on again. How do you get this to stop? I'm perfectly capable of turning my own radio on when I'm ready, Ford.
Sponsored

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
when I have my phone plugged in and music on it, I un plug just before key off. next start I have select on or otherwise it remains off.
This is a sync 3

jkaluski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
This drives me nuts, too. I hate "Me too" posts, but I don't want this issue to die, I want a f%$king solution to keep the f^*king radio off.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
If you leave the volume down all the way when you shut the truck off shouldn't it start up with radio on but volume @ zero?

Why not use the volume knob instead of turning it off?

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Still turns on.
Only place it won't turn on is at the dealership.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you leave the volume down all the way when you shut the truck off shouldn't it start up with radio on but volume @ zero?

Why not use the volume knob instead of turning it off?
This is exactly how I do it and it's at zero when I restart it the next time. This has always been a huge pet peeve of mine, getting into a vehicle and turning it on and having the music come blasting out. My ex would do this and I swear it was intentional to try and give me a heart attack. :surprised:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
This is exactly how I do it and it's at zero when I restart it the next time. This has always been a huge pet peeve of mine, getting into a vehicle and turning it on and having the music come blasting out. My ex would do this and I swear it was intentional to try and give me a heart attack. :surprised:
My old man burried certain methods of doing things in my head. One of them is turning down the radio, and turning off the AC before shutting the car down.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My old man burried certain methods of doing things in my head. One of them is turning down the radio, and turning off the AC before shutting the car down.
I've had remote starts since the early 90's so I've always been in the habit of leaving either the heat or AC blasting. It's so hot here in the summer even doing that it doesn't cool down for 15-20 minutes when my trucks sitting outside at work all day.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I've had remote starts since the early 90's so I've always been in the habit of leaving either the heat or AC blasting. It's so hot here in the summer even doing that it doesn't cool down for 15-20 minutes when my trucks sitting outside at work all day.
If I lived in Arizona I'd maybe do the same.

Luckily I don't have too much heat to deal with here, and working nights mitigates that to a degree.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If I lived in Arizona I'd maybe do the same.

Luckily I don't have too much heat to deal with here, and working nights mitigates that to a degree.
Oh God it can still be 106 at 10:00 pm there's no escaping it once summer sets in. It's funny because when you go to the stores everyone's always fighting for those few spots that have a tree near by for shade. ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Oh God it can still be 106 at 10:00 pm there's no escaping it once summer sets in. It's funny because when you go to the stores everyone's always fighting for those few spots that have a tree near by for shade. ?
Which I'm sure are few and far between. Unless y'all call cacti "trees."

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Which I'm sure are few and far between. Unless y'all call cacti "trees."
No they plant a lot of Palo Verde trees out here, they grow like weeds and create a huge canopy for shade. The problem is they never stop growing and get out of control really fast. I had one in my back yard, cut off the water to it and the darn thing would still grow. In the spring they have a million yellow flowers too and they drop everywhere. I finally cut it down and replaced it with a Joshua Tree.

Palo Verde Tree.jpg

House Palo Verde.jpg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
No they plant a lot of Palo Verde trees out here, they grow like weeds and create a huge canopy for shade. The problem is they never stop growing and get out of control really fast. I had one in my back yard, cut off the water to it and the darn thing would still grow. In the spring they have a million yellow flowers too and they drop everywhere. I finally cut it down and replaced it with a Joshua Tree.

Palo Verde Tree.jpg

House Palo Verde.jpg
Nice.

Sounds similar to Aspens out here. A lot of folks likecto plantvthem along a fence line. Then they realize that the things are sprouting up all over their yard.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Dave,

Yep....I have one on my bank in the outer backyard.... Messy tree but very pretty with the green trunk. This is the desert and water is scarse, so Palo Verde (Spanish for Green Tree) also use the tree trunk and branches, which are green, for photosynthesis. Here a pic of mine....

Paloverde.jpg

Also our purple prickly pare which are way stressed by no rain this winter. the prickly pare have 1½" needles...give them a wide berth... Javelina won't eat them... Yellow and pink blossoms are waning as the palo verde blossoms. Spring time in the desert!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored