Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,

Yep....I have one on my bank in the outer backyard.... Messy tree but very pretty with the green trunk. This is the desert and water is scarse, so Palo Verde (Spanish for Green Tree) also use the tree trunk and branches, which are green, for photosynthesis. Here a pic of mine....

Paloverde.jpg

Also our purple prickly pare which are way stressed by no rain this winter. the prickly pare have 1½" needles...give them a wide berth... Javelina won't eat them... Yellow and pink blossoms are waning as the palo verde blossoms. Spring time in the desert!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil, I've been hand watering all my prickly pear this year with the lack of rain. We were supposed to get some last night and today but again...nothing. Palo Verdes are great shade trees but I was sick of the mess and the maintenance with mine. I replaced it with a Joshua tree which is zero maintenance. :)

IMG_4015.jpg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil, I've been hand watering all my prickly pear this year with the lack of rain. We were supposed to get some last night and today but again...nothing. Palo Verdes are great shade trees but I was sick of the mess and the maintenance with mine. I replaced it with a Joshua tree which is zero maintenance. :)

IMG_4015.jpg
Hi Dave,

Wait until your Joshua Tree does this as mine in the front yard... Also my neighbor's
joshuatree.jpg
...typical of a joshua tree.....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,

Wait until your Joshua Tree does this as mine in the front yard... Also my neighbor's
joshuatree.jpg
...typical of a joshua tree.....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,

Mine was just transplanted here 2 1/2 yers ago. He said they can sometimes go into shock from being uprooted but it looks like mine faired very well. It's already grown almost a foot and has another sprout coming up right between the trunks. Cant wait to see it flowering.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil,

Mine was just transplanted here 2 1/2 yers ago. He said they can sometimes go into shock from being uprooted but it looks like mine faired very well. It's already grown almost a foot and has another sprout coming up right between the trunks. Cant wait to see it flowering.
Hi Dave,

Mine is 15 years old when planted and probably 5 years old at the planting... Weird tree. I hated them in the Mohave desert as kite eaters as a young kid.... :)

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored