First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger SXT FX4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Grocery Management
I am currently running the Fox 2.0 Coil Overs and rears. They’re a massive improvement over the FX4 floaters the truck came with. I figure I’ve got another 20,000 miles and they will be ready to be rebuilt. I want to upgrade again at that time then sell the rebuilt 2.0s. I want something with adjustable reservoirs. And I want something comparable to the “toughness” and performance of the Raptor. I understand I won’t be adding travel. I traverse some gnarly county dirt roads and 2 tracks at pretty high speeds. What are your thoughts? Currently eyeballing the Fox 2.5 setup.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Do to the requirements of rebuilding the shocks I am not a fan of FOX. That said if you do like the exploration part of things with OffRoad I would recommend taking a look at Old Man EMU BP-51's. They are a Bypass type shock with remote reservoirs. Internally they are still a 51 MM(or 2 inch for those metrically challanged) but perform well both on and OffRoad. The nice thing too if you decide to add a big heavy bumper and/or a winch later on all you have to do is remove the front struts and change the spring preload for height correction. FOX you have to get a different spring.

OP
OP
Wesmertz

Wesmertz

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger SXT FX4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Grocery Management
I’ve heard great things with OME! Especially their lift kits. I will say I can absolutely pull my Fox shocks off and adjust for ride height by tightening the spring. It used to be easier because you could do it without removing the strut all together.

Reactions: EJH

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
TLDR: go Fox 2.5s or OME as above.

I also have the Fox 2.0 front and rear, and love them. I could possibly like a slightly stiffer setup, at the sacrifice of off-road performance, but I'm not 100% sure yet. My only grip is not being able to adjust the Fox coilovers when mounted. I'm picky and would like to fine tune the height more.

I don't mind the rebuilt interval personally. Based on the rear Fox 2.0s I had on 27k miles before I did the front coilovers , I'm estimating my rebuild interval is about 40k miles, or three years for my driving.

Eibach and Bilsteins don't have a rebuild or replacement requirement, but I bet they deteriorate as they age also.

In about three years, I will either replace mine with Fox 2.0 again or Eibach. I will go Eibachs if I want a slightly stiffer ride and easier adjustment. My Toyota friend with Eibachs looks up to my Fox setup, for what that opinion is worth.

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
I am currently running the Fox 2.0 Coil Overs and rears. They’re a massive improvement over the FX4 floaters the truck came with. I figure I’ve got another 20,000 miles and they will be ready to be rebuilt. I want to upgrade again at that time then sell the rebuilt 2.0s. I want something with adjustable reservoirs. And I want something comparable to the “toughness” and performance of the Raptor. I understand I won’t be adding travel. I traverse some gnarly county dirt roads and 2 tracks at pretty high speeds. What are your thoughts? Currently eyeballing the Fox 2.5 setup.
I have Fox 2.0, I will be going with Kings next go around. I had a set on my old tundra and they were awesome in all conditions.

Whiplash

First Name
Kern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2004 Mazda RX8
Occupation
Route driver
I have Fox 2.0, I will be going with Kings next go around. I had a set on my old tundra and they were awesome in all conditions.
If you are not building on a budget and "closest to a Raptor" is your criteria......
The APG , King ,and Deaver , Long travel , Performance Matched , front and rear system, is about as close you'll get with a bolt on made for 5G Rangers kit....$$$$...

A good system for driving fast on bumpy dirt roads is what I have now. APG , Icon Ext travel 2.5 adjustable dampening valve, front and rear with the ICON leaf pack.......
20230518_155928.jpg
20230517_140113.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: