Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger super crew Lariat
Occupation
retired
Oooohhh Canada!
Where are all you hosers at?

8A8E9C72-3BC1-420B-9F3C-6569FCC1CB68.jpeg
Hey! I bought mine last week.. Vancouver Island BC.
I really like the truck... I'm a little spooked about how easy it is to bind the transmission while 4WD. I never checked that before the purchase although I did check the F150 which didn't seem to have a problem at all. What's with that?

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
Hey! I bought mine last week.. Vancouver Island BC.
Welcome...tons of great information here. I'm in Vancouver... Enjoy the mods!! Lots of ? to spend ahead.. :like: What is the first mod on your list?

Khakiforever

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk, 1990 F150
Occupation
Police Officer
Hey I posted this question in the electronics section back on the 1st of February....just crickets. I thought I‘d give it a try on the Canadian thread. I got a xl with the 100a package just before Christmas. I swear it had a compass heading display in the 2.3” productivity display Screen. I looked through the vehicle manual and... nothing. I have googled, and looked at this site. The only thread regarding xl’s and the 2.3” screen on here I have seen the compass display is at the top of the screen. Maybe I am on hemp, or was intoxicated by the smell of the various glues of the interior of the truck during the test drive, but I’m pretty sure it was there. Question is, did I do something to make it “disapear” when I was messing with the steering wheel buttons, and if so, how do I get it back ? Anyone on here with a xl or an idea of what to do would be appreciated. I called the dealership but they were of no help. Stupid COVID.... Sorry for the long post/rant.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
@Khakiforever .... You might want to check your user settings from the steering wheel buttons or try the settings on your small screen. See below...

5EB2DA70-3EF1-4FB8-A3BF-008E73553E02.jpeg

btw - where in ON are you?

Last edited:

Khakiforever

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Thanks for the replies. I don’t know, maybe the salesman had me really distracted. I swear there were the “NSEW“ letters up top beside the outside temperature display. I just went out to the truck and tried the buttons on the steering wheel. I can’t find anything to bring up a compass setting etc. And my cheap arse radio has different buttons than the one in your picture. I know someone with a bare bones focus with the 2.3“ productivity screen and it has a compass display and thought I must have it too. Thank you both again for your time. Ask my wife, I have been wrong before... Oh, I live in the sticks outside of Dryden.

TommyAtomic

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I definitely have a compass heading on the small screen inbetween the Tac and Speedo on my XLT. I'm looking at a picture from a month or 2 ago and I distinctly see a South-East heading being displayed just to the left of the temperature.

Khakiforever

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Crazy. That’s where I thought I saw it too before I “played“ with the steering wheel buttons. I do have the cheapest
xl so I could be wrong :(.

** I found a U tube video from Island Ford (I think) in BC posted by a salesperson. They showed the screen while showcasing a ranger xl with the 100a package. NO compass display. I guess I was intoxicated by all the off gassing new vehicle smells ?. **

Last edited:

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy GTB, RX7 FD, soon buying a ranger
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
20201128_113041.jpg

Oy, Calgary Alberta here! I never saw many rangers on the road then a few weeks after getting mine, I saw 5 in my neighborhood! Also I get 11.4 km/L when I'm hypermiling, but normally 8.5km/L because I have a heavy foot when merging.

Khakiforever

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I got a Go Ghino exhaust tip In the mail. I thought I would drill a weep hole. well.. after a 16 hr shift and little sleep before and a few beers after I drilled the darned hole in the top of the tip... now my exhaust tip has 2 weep holes ?.....

Byngsboys

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightening Blue Ranger XLT, 302A, FX4, Tow and Technology/ 2005 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
Good evening all:

I thought I had done this, but apparently not. 2020 Lightening Blue Crewcab 302A FX4
Ontario, and I've had the truck since the very end of December. I've got about 1900 KM on it now.

Still waiting for the weather to get warm enough for the farkles. Currently in the garage and waiting: Westin Traxx 5 Ovals, Bushwacker Sillguards, Bugflector, Amber LED foglight bulbs, LED Cargo and 3rd Brake light, 3 Raptor grill lights, Husky Mudflaps and tailgate decals.

Already done: Line X liner, Extang Trifecta 2.0, Damper, all season floor mats, LED Highs, Lows, Switchbacks and markers , AMP-Research Max Box Extender, and Firestone winter tires with steel rims.

What else will I do? I've no idea.

Take care and hopefully I can ride my bike soon!

Kris

Jan 31 2021.JPG

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
im averaging about 11.5 for my driving style. heavy foot, usually 130kmh on the highways. mixed city driving.
My F150 with the same driving got me 13.9. so I am happier I am saving some money on gas. if i had to pinch pennies I know I could do better.
I’m still getting used to the l/100km. Comparing it to mpg gives me a better idea of efficiency. Years of reading and watching American vehicle reviews will do that. Best mileage I’ve seen was a 55 km drive from Mississauga to Tottenham and back. Up the 427 then up Hwy 50 at around 90kph, then up a side road at 70kph. That was around 11L/100. Did lots of drives from Mississauga to the Ganaraska forest and back. Those were at almost 12L/100km. That’s according to the dash display. When I hand calculate a tank the dash is optimistic by 1L/100km.
I am getting 27 mpg / 11.5 km/L.. Some of the poor fuel efficiency might be because it is winter.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Good evening all:

I thought I had done this, but apparently not. 2020 Lightening Blue Crewcab 302A FX4
Ontario, and I've had the truck since the very end of December. I've got about 1900 KM on it now.

Still waiting for the weather to get warm enough for the farkles. Currently in the garage and waiting: Westin Traxx 5 Ovals, Bushwacker Sillguards, Bugflector, Amber LED foglight bulbs, LED Cargo and 3rd Brake light, 3 Raptor grill lights, Husky Mudflaps and tailgate decals.

Already done: Line X liner, Extang Trifecta 2.0, Damper, all season floor mats, LED Highs, Lows, Switchbacks and markers , AMP-Research Max Box Extender, and Firestone winter tires with steel rims.

What else will I do? I've no idea.

Take care and hopefully I can ride my bike soon!

Kris

Jan 31 2021.JPG

Welcome, nice truck!

Had my bike out this week, but its a dirty dual sport, might want to wait a bit on the RT, lol. Supposed to be 10 here today, time to put the sled away and ride the bike I guess :thumbsup:

Silverfox

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 xlt sport 4x4
Occupation
Tech
Hey Swing

Are you sure you’re getting 11.5 km/L and not 11.5l/100 km? The former would give You a range of over 800km per tank.
Sponsored